2.4

2007 Chrysler Pacifica drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Chrysler Pacifica:

2007 Chrysler Pacifica Owner Comments (Page 1 of 3)

Jul 082016

Pacifica

The contact owns a 2007 Chrysler Pacifica. The contact was unable to move the shifter out of park. The vehicle was diagnosed and the brake transmission shift interlock was replaced. The approximate failure mileage was 18,658.

- Downey, CA, USA

Feb 042016

Pacifica

Oil light continues to come on (red) for no reason. I've been told the power transfer unit is going out

- Asbury, IA, USA

Jan 162015

Pacifica

The contact owns a 2007 Chrysler Pacifica. The contact stated that while driving at various speeds, the vehicle would jerk. The contact also stated that the vehicle stalled without warning. The contact stated that the jerking would happen often when the accelerator pedal was depressed. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic where it was diagnosed that the battery needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired, however the failure recurred four days later according to the contact. The vehicle was taken back to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the vehicle cross member had corroded and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 90,000.

- Lafayette, IN, USA

Dec 102015

Pacifica

When depressing the accelerator, the car makes a grinding or clunking noise. We lifted the hood, put the car in drive and depressed the parking brake. We then applied accelerator and the front of the engine lifted from the motor mount a good 2 or 3 inches. This is extremely dangerous and this actually started doing this shortly after I purchased it in June of 2014. It had 97000 miles and now has 117000 miles. I am fearful of having the engine come completely off the frame. I am taking it to my independent mechanic next week. I cannot believe with all the complaints that this model has that it has not been recalled. I guess since no one has died yet or been seriously injured the manufacturer must feel fairly confident that they will just wait till everyone stops buying them. Well, I am selling my car after it is fixed. I have already had to have the shifter replaced because that went out about 3 months ago and my mechanic had to replace it. I think I should be reimbursed for that as well, and you can be sure I am keeping all of my receipts for repairs that I should not even have to make on an 8 year old vehicle.

- Henrietta, TX, USA

Oct 282015

Pacifica

Shortly after starting and driving the car, within a couple of minutes, the car completely stops running with no warning lights. Just dies while driving as if the ignition was just turned off. This has happened multiple times causing a significant safety hazard as the power brakes and steering immediately stop working. The car is under an extended manufacturer's bumper-to-bumper warranty so the repair should be covered as it is a clear defect. Apparently, because the car just stopped, no codes were recorded as to the nature of the problem. Hence, the dealer was unable to identify a problem. The dealer recommended that the cost of a suspected repair be made by the owner because they could not definitely define the problem as necessary to be reimbursed under the warranty. Recommended repair was done at owner's cost yet the same thing happened again. An earlier model of this car had a recall to repair a similar if not identical problem.

- Beavercreek, OH, USA

Oct 022012

Pacifica

The contact owns a 2007 Chrysler Pacifica. While driving approximately 25 mph, the vehicle jerked forward and accelerated independently without warning. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic where it was diagnosed that the front engine mounts needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired, but the failure recurred. The vehicle was taken back to the independent mechanic where it was diagnosed that the rear engine mounts needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired but the failure recurred. In addition, the contact also mentioned that the vehicle failed to shift into the reverse position and stalled intermittently without warning. The vehicle was taken back to the independent mechanic where it was diagnosed that the transmission needed to be replaced. The manufacturer was not notified of the failures. The failure mileage was 100,000.

- Fayetteville, GA, USA

Jul 082015

Pacifica

Upper housing shock underneath the hood rotted off the side wall. Other side starting to rot off

- Enosburg, VT, USA

Pacifica

I had my 2007 Pacifica in park position with the engine on. I put my foot on the brake to reverse the car out of parking space. The gear shift lever would not release and go into reverse. I had to have the car towed to the dealer to repair. Cost me over $500 (part #4880276-ab shifter T21030407). Being stuck in traffic is very dangerous.

Pacifica

Gear shift lever stuck in park. Had to have the car towed to dealer. They said my VIN wasn't on the recall list.

Feb 122015

Pacifica 6-cyl

The reverse clutch burnt out. The car was parked and wouldn't go in reverse. The car is in limp mode. The rpms are ranging high because it can't shift properly. The transmission is about to go out completely.

- West Allis, WI, USA

Jan 122015

Pacifica 6-cyl

Power steering fails completely for about 30 seconds or more. This occurs when the vehicle travels through any water on the road that may splash into the engine compartment. The steering belt gets wet and will slip (making a screeching noise until it spins off the water and dries). The power assisted steering will stop completely not allowing the driver to maneuver the vehicle until the power steering is restored. This problem will cause the driver not to be able to change the direction of the vehicle in any direction to complete a turn or avoid a collision! it is very dangerous and can occur without warning. We are looking into the problem. It maybe that a splash guard was left off and not replace during a previous service. This has not been confirmed to be the fix. We will update this post once this is confirmed to be the fix.

- Kannapolis, NC, USA

Apr 152013

Pacifica

The contact owns a 2007 Chrysler Pacifica. The contact stated that while driving approximately 30 mph, the shocks and struts fractured causing the front passenger side axle and rim to become detached. The vehicle was towed to an independent mechanic. The technician diagnosed that the shocks and struts, the front passenger side axle and rim needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. In addition, the contact stated that while driving at 35 mph, the vehicle decelerated without warning. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was unknown.

- St. Louis, MO, USA

Jun 062013

Pacifica 6-cyl

When I tried to drive my car out of my garage, I could not move the shift lever out of "park". I later learned that a part in the shift linkage assembly had broken. In fact, this broken part, a lockout over-ride, has been replaced under a recall of all other Chrysler and Dodge products which have this part installed. But for the Chrysler Pacifica, which has the identical part, no recall has been issued. I have been driving my car around, but have not been able to use the "park" position of the shift lever. If I inadvertently placed the shift lever into "park", say at a railroad crossing, I would not be able to move the car! this a dangerous and safety-related problem, and I want NHTSA to force Chrysler to recall my car and all other Pacifica's with this problem, and replace this lockout override.

- San Pablo, CA, USA

Jan 072008

Pacifica

I have had multiple issues with my 2007 Chrysler Pacifica-from the beginning a popping and clicking noise from the transmissions/results from dealership motor mounts went bad ¦repaired several times over the years. Another issue is my car is just go dead while driving on the freeways/streets etc. I took it to the dealership and they have not been able to repair or see the issue. I know it's something wrong and this is scary driving this car.

- Little Rock, AR, USA

Jan 012014

Pacifica

The contact owns a 2007 Chrysler Pacifica. The contact stated while driving various speeds, the vehicle would either shift upward or downward independently without any warning. The vehicle occasionally failed to shift into gear and it stalled. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer for diagnostic testing. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The VIN was not available. The failure and current mileage were 97,000.

- Plymouth, MA, USA

Apr 052014

Pacifica

The contact owns a 2007 Chrysler Pacifica. The contact stated that the vehicle stalled and the check engine warning light illuminated intermittently. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic, who diagnosed that the power train control module and the egr pressure sensor needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 120,000.

- Mission, TX, USA

Apr 142014

Pacifica

The contact owns a 2007 Chrysler Pacifica. The contact stated that the vehicle would hesitate and the power train warning light was illuminated. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer who diagnosed that the power train control module needed to be replaced. The vehicle was serviced two years prior under NHTSA campaign id number: 06V432000 (power train). The vehicle was to be inspected and repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 80000.

- Goose Creek, NC, USA

Jan 012010

Pacifica

The contact owns a 2007 Chrysler Pacifica. The contact stated that while driving approximately 30 mph, the vehicle began to vibrate and failed to shift properly. The failure recurred whenever the vehicle was in operation. The vehicle had not been diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the defect. The approximate failure mileage was 50,000.

- Wilingbro, NJ, USA