2007 Chrysler Pacifica engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Chrysler Pacifica:

2007 Chrysler Pacifica Owner Comments (Page 1 of 3)

Jul 132015

I have had this 2007 Pacifica since 2009, bought it with 12,000 miles on it. It now has 109,000 miles. In the past year the car has stalled intermittently when slowing down at stops, took it in, no problem found. It has also had light smoke coming from under the hood intermittently since I bought it, had it looked at several times, no problem found. This week I was driving the car at @30ish mph when it stalled on a busy road, but was luckily able to turn off the road with no power steering safely. It has been at the dealers for 3 days and no problem found at this point. I have children and no longer feel safe driving them in this vehicle. If ther is "no problem" to fix, that is a major problem, because a car stalling waiting to be hit and someone injured, is a problem!!! I have called corporate and awaiting to speak with a case manager about this issue, but from what I have read online, if the dealership cannot mimic the issue, then corporate will likely say there is no problem. I cannot just wait to see if it happens again, and next time on the highway as I have read in other cases, when someone could be hurt! also concerned with the "no problem" when it smokes under the hood, as I have read a couple of incidents where the car caught fire. Have a rental car now...hope corporate doesn't blow me off!

- Greenwood, IN, USA

Apr 172015

Within minutes of pulling out of my driveway my 2007 Chrysler Pacifica touring simply shut down. Unfortunately, it was a shock to me when I lost acceleration and power steering in the middle of driving and it took me a few seconds to figure out what had happened. I pulled over with some difficulty and put the car into park. I was able to re-start the vehicle and returned home. Since that date, my husband has been driving the vehicle as it was our teenager's primary means of transportation prior to the incident. I shudder to think what could have happened to her as she is a new driver and my own reaction to the incident was inappropriate. I should have put the car into neutral and re-started it, but thank god I did live and learn. Since that incident my husband has experienced the same loss of power on three additional occasions. I am in constant fear that the car will shut down while pulling out into traffic. It has already happened once. Thankfully other drivers were aware and were able to slow down in time for my husband to re-cover. As I have read many other incident reports concerning my vehicle having the same issue, I am hopeful that Chrysler will address the problem before someone ends up injured or dead.

- Huntley, IL, USA

Jun 132015

Drive at about 60 mph whren my car just shout down. Had no sterting or breaks. Lucky this is not the first time it has happed and I knew tio put it in neutral and turn the key, drop it in drave and a awy you go. The other times this has happened to many to count I was slowing down to corner very scary when you cant stop or turn your wheel. No warning lights or signs.

- Hayden , AL, USA

Dec 072013

Purchased the Pacifica touring AWD in September/October, 2013. It was in fabulous condition. A couple of months later, I experienced my first of eight occurrences wherein the vehicle shut off without warning. Once the engine shut off, power brakes and power steering didn't function properly, likely because the engine was no longer running. Five of these eight occurrences have been within one mile of my residence. Additionally, it occurred once in a parking lot, once in an intersection, and once as I was getting onto an interstate highway. A few of the occurrences almost resulted in accidents. I was at the mercy of the other drivers in those cases. I have six grandchildren. I'm hesitant to take them on trips because I have no confidence in my Pacifica's safety and reliability. My vehicle safety complaint seems eerily similar to numerous other owner's 2007 Pacifica safety complaints. I pray Chrysler will investigate this issue to determine what is causing the engine failure before a precious life is lost. Chrysler, please identify the cause and notify the owners of the fix soonest. It makes no sense to continue neglecting these safety claims. I'm certain $$$ is causing your hesitation to investigate; however, it will seem like pennies compared with the cost you will undoubtedly pay due to negligence in the event of injury or fatality. Thanks in advance for hearing my concern, diagnosing the problem, identifying the solution, and quickly implementing your plan to repair the affected vehicles. Safety has a price, but human life is priceless.

- Huntsville, AL, USA

Mar 172014

The contact owns a 2007 Chrysler Pacifica. While stopped at a red light, smoke started to emit from the front of the vehicle without warning. The contact merged to the side of the road and lifted the hood. Once the vehicle cooled off, it resumed normal operation. The failure recurred on several occasions. The vehicle was taken to the dealer, but the failure could not be diagnosed. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 96,000.

- Flint, MI, USA

Mar 022015

The contact owns a 2007 Chrysler Pacifica. The contact stated that while driving at 35 mph, the vehicle stalled and the oil warning light illuminated. The failure recurred four times. The vehicle was taken to the dealer. The technician was unable to diagnose the failure. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 140,000.

- St Mary, PA, USA

Feb 242015

Car turns off while runing at speedway. Twice at 4 min. That is nothing new this happens every day most times at the first 5/10 min. Of drivingat streets. But today's was after 30 min. There is way I went to express way. I already spend money and to much time at mechanics they cant found whats wrong. But at interner I found this is a common issues whit this type of cars.

- Maywood , IL, USA

Mar 012014

This vehicle tends to stall at or below 35 mph. Have been to independent mechanics and Chrysler and no one can seem to figure out why it stalls. When it stalls there is a loss of control of the car and is very dangerous especially when in rush hour traffic. My wife drives this vehicle along with my 3 children. I have seen numerous complaints on this matter and I am quite surprised there has not been a recall.

- Springfield, MO, USA

Dec 032014

Several instances of stalling with absolutely no warning at approximately 40 mph. Car does start back up but stalls at random intervals. Has been seen at multiple shops with no errors, codes or problems found.

- Malone, NY, USA

Nov 222014

The contact owns a 2007 Chrysler Pacifica. The contact discovered that the engine cradle was corroded. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The VIN was unavailable. The approximate failure mileage was 80,000.

- Bourne, MA, USA

Jul 012013

The contact owns a 2007 Chrysler Pacifica. The contact stated that while operating the vehicle, a clunking noise emitted from the engine when the transmission shifted. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where the technician diagnosed that the motor mounts needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired but the problem persisted. The contact indicated that the motor mounts were replaced 2 additional times and each time the failure recurred. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure and the failure mileage was 119,000. The VIN was not available.

- Mesa, AZ, USA

Jul 022014

Pacifica 6-cyl

We were driving. I asked my husband to clean the windshield. As soon as he pulled the wiper stem, the headlights went out. The car restarted, but the headlights wouldn't come back on. We pulled over again and opened the hood. The car would restart, but now the dash cluster was out along with the headlights. We turned the engine off and weirdly, the headlights came on. They were flashing on and off, over and over. Within the next ten minutes the car would start but wouldn't shift out of park. From there the armrest controls stopped functioning, and eventually the car just chattered when the key was turned. Then it wouldn't even do that. It completely died. Four weeks and $1600 later, we have a new tipm L. the entire electrical system was fried.

- Reidsville, NC, USA

Aug 012013

While driving my 2007 Chrysler Pacifica it will stall. This often occurs at speeds less than 40mph. This is a safety concern and when I called the dealer they did not seem familiar with the problem. This could very vellum result in a fatality since there is no warning. The car will loose steering function after the stall and I will need to attempt to pull out of traffic to restart the car. I am uncomfortable that the manufacturer has not recalled this or attempted to correct this problem, which seems fairly common.

- Washington, IL, USA

Oct 142013

The contact owns a 2007 Chrysler Pacifica. The contact stated that while driving approximately 35 mph, the vehicle stalled without warning. The vehicle was able to restart. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic, who stated that the tipm needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The VIN was not available. The approximate failure mileage was 95,000.

- Bradford, MA, USA

Apr 052014

The contact owns a 2007 Chrysler Pacifica. The contact stated that the vehicle stalled and the check engine warning light illuminated intermittently. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic, who diagnosed that the power train control module and the egr pressure sensor needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 120,000.

- Mission, TX, USA

Feb 272014

Pacifica 6-cyl

When we exit the highway the cars stalls and sometimes even lunges. We have taken the car to 2 different mechanics and they say there isn't anything to fix. Chrysler even said there isn't anything they can do. I feel this a major safety issue because when this has happened to me I've had my grandson with me and it took 4 tries to get the car to start again. Also when driving in rush hour traffic the traffic can stop suddenly which will cause an accident. Chrysler has fixed this problem on earlier years of this model, I don't think they want to be bothered with repairing a known issue on a vehicle they no longer manufacture.

- Cleveland, OH, USA

Nov 052013

The contact owns a 2007 Chrysler Pacifica. The contact stated that while driving 40 mph, the vehicle stalled without warning. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where the technician was unable to diagnose the failure. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 100,000 and the current mileage was 129,000.

- Macomb, MI, USA

Jan 102014

Pacifica 6-cyl

I bought this car almost new (it was never titled - Chrysler has used it as a corporate car), with 15,000 miles on it. I have replaced the engine mounts four times (the first two times under warranty). On the latest instance, the mounts had been on the car for about 15 months and 28,000 miles. They failed and damaged the right front axle, which also had to be replaced, for a total cost of about $2,500.

- Walnut Creek, CA, USA

Jan 312014

Pacifica 6-cyl

At 40,899 miles (I purchased this car new) I have now had to replace the three engine mounts twice (first time at 20,000 miles - under warranty). I am a mature driver who drives this care gently.

- Walnut Creek, CA, USA

Jan 302014

Pacifica 6-cyl

While driving, the engine just stopped/stalled. Steering, brake and gas pedals stopped functioning. I have to wait until the car fully stopped. Scary and feels so helpless in the middle of the road!

- Jacksonville, FL, USA