2.8

2007 Chrysler Pacifica miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Chrysler Pacifica:

2007 Chrysler Pacifica Owner Comments

Sep 272016

Pacifica

I drove in my drive way on Sunday on mon. Morning I got in and the transmission is out, I guess it. Will not go anywhere in any gear.staionary if this is a recalled see call !!me, I do not have $2000 to fix it thank you'll.

- Donaldson, AR, USA

Jun 222016

Pacifica

When U driving the car and come to a stop sign or stop light the car turns completely off and no lights are anything comes on to show that there is a problem. It starts back up but when U go to the next light it cranks back off again. It has not cranked off when U driving a distance yet, but when make a complete stop at a light or stop sign it cranks off again. This has happened at least 50 times since June 22nd. I've tested the battery and the alternator and they are fine but the problem is still happening.

- Marietta, GA, USA

Feb 282016

Pacifica

"takata recall" at 60 mph the vehicle starts to shake. Brand new tires balaced properly, new caliper, and wheel aligjnment. Electrical light on dash keeps coming on and can not exceed 40 mph and vehicle ahuts off sometimes leaving no steerimg or breaks

- Annville, PA, USA

Mar 032008

Pacifica

We purchased this vehicle used, and from day one we noticed the transmission banged into gear. After numerous trips to the dealer and them unable to find the problem, I asked them to check the motor mounts. They discovered a broken mount, the repair cost me $440, this occurred at 46151 mi. Now at approx 74000 mi 2 more engine mounts have failed the bill this time will be $723. We do not drive aggressively or abuse this vehicle, after an online search this seems to be a defect in the Chrysler Pacifica line of cars. With the engine shifting in the engine compartment it will be only a matter of time before a fuel line, brake line or other vital line or hose will be compromised causing a fire or loss of vehicle control. I feel a recall should be issued and the defective part replaced and those who already replaced the defective part reimbursed.

- Monroe, NC, USA

Oct 052009

Pacifica

When turning to the right or the left I can hear a rubbing type noise. I took it into the two different dealers on two separate occasions complaining of the noise, but the dealers could not duplicate the problem. When I turn I hear a rubbing noise and now when I reverse there is a loud grinding/rubbing noise similar to the noise that I get when turning. The noise generally occurs first thing in the morning after I have started my car and reverse it. If my car has been sitting for a while it will do the noise then too! I'm unsure what is causing the noise and since the dealers can't duplicate it they have not done anything either. I'm quite concerned as to what can be causing these noises and I do believe that they are linked! I noticed another Pacifica owner had the same problem as I did so now I know it's not just my car.

- Moline, IL, USA

Nov 252008

Pacifica

Purchased this car used in February 2008. Shortly thereafter I noticed a knock in the front when turning wheel at low speeds (ie, backing up). Also felt slight vibration on acceleration. Dealer unable to find anything until June 2009. Miles 38733. Front tie rod was broken and replaced by dealer. This did not resolve the knock or the vibration on acceleration. Knock continued and got worse. At 61000, the car was again brought in for the knocking. At first look, the mechanic did not see a problem. I explained that at extreme turn of wheel at low speeds, there is a distinct knock in front. After his further inspection, I was advised by service center that the car has two (2) broken motor mounts and this could be the source of the knock and vibration. Was taken to Dodge dealer where purchased to confirm broken motor mounts. Parts were replaced under extended warranty. Still did not resolve the knock.

- Freehold, NJ, USA