1.5

2008 Chrysler Pacifica miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Chrysler Pacifica:

2008 Chrysler Pacifica Owner Comments

Jan 152016

Pacifica

My Pacifica stalled and lost power while driving. I was so scared. I have kids and this is very unsafe. I was able to coast to a stop safely but if there was a car in front of me I would have hit it...this is a recurrent issue with this vehicle. I see complaints all the time and I am now added to the list. I'm so worried for anyone who owns this vehicle. This car needs to be recalled because people pay their hard earned money for a safe reliable vehicle... if something happens to anyone Chrysler will have to answer for it...

- Powder Springs, GA, USA

Nov 042014

Pacifica

When driving the car on streets the car will just shut down. No steering power, brakes is so hard and no system!!! it always seem to happen as I'm going around a corner or a curb.today 8/18/2015 really upset me, because it shut off as I turned a curb and I almost slammed into a fire hydrant. Starting the car up I have to put it in neutral.20% of the time the car will start in drive 80% in neutral. We have took it to dealerships Chrysler and drivetime and no answers. What's so sick about it is the car is almost payed off..I love the car, but I am surely not ready to loose my life or my 4children and wife in this car, but what can you do when you can't afford to buy another.we could trade it, but I would never want to hurt another family!!!

- Allen , TX, USA

Jul 132015

Pacifica

While trying to replace my muffler on my 2008 Chrysler Pacifica, the shop could not locate replacement parts. I took it to several shops with the same result. At the last shop I was shown an issue with the sub-frame rusting out. So, I decided to take it to Chrysler dealership and they found the same issues with the sub-frame and informed me that Chrysler would not repair. Now, I am going to be out of $4000 to repair the sub-frame and $1,200 to replace the muffler system. I did some research and discovered the rusting of the sub-frame is a systemic issue on 2004 - 2008 Pacifica's in salt belt areas. My deep concern is that it is not widely known and my engine could have fallen out during operation.

- Littleton, MA, USA

Jul 132015

Pacifica

While trying to replace my muffler on my 2008 Chrysler Pacifica, the shop could not locate replacement parts. I took it to several shops with the same result. At the last shop I was shown an issue with the sub-frame rusting out. So, I decided to take it to a Chrysler dealership and they found the same issues with the sub-frame and informed me that Chrysler would not repair. Now, I am going to be out of $4000 to repair the sub-frame and $1,200 to replace the muffler system. I did some research and discovered the rusting of the sub-frame is a systemic issue on 2004 - 2008 Pacifica's in salt belt areas. My deep concern is that it is not widely known and my engine could have fallen out during operation.

- Littleton, MA, USA