2017 Chrysler Pacifica brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2017 Chrysler Pacifica:

2017 Chrysler Pacifica Owner Comments

Jul 102016

Pacifica

I purchased my new vehicle and inside of 2 months I had two major problems. I went shopping and when I arrived at my destination and tried to park the car would not shift into park. No matter how long I waited or slowly or quickly I turned the shifting knob it would not shift into park. The parking break was also behaving strangely and would disengage on it's own as I tried to troubleshoot the problem. I had to keep my foot on the break pedal to keep the car from rolling away. My husband and I decided to try turning the car off in the hope that the matter would resolve itself and that is when we discovered that the car would not shut down. No matter what we did it would not turn off or shift into park. We immediately drove to the dealership and dropped the car off since we had no idea what else we could do and it was a tremendous safety issue. Today September 20, 2016 I experienced another electrical parking problem. While I was driving in very light traffic and a safe distance away from other cars the emergency breaking alarm went off. I was in the middle of crossing an intersection when the alarm started blaring and "break" flashed in large red letters. In my opinion there was no reason for that warning and I feel that this issue might be somehow tied to the other issues listed above. The first issues occured on 07-10-2016.

- Foothill Ranch, CA, USA

May 022016

Pacifica

My local dealer (confirmed by fca llc) has told me that we cannot get the autonomous braking and lane assist on the Pacifica touring trim level; only on the more expensive touring L-plus! these should be options on all trim levels so a family who wants safety more than fancy can spend their hard earned money on safety options and not be forced to pay $7000 more for fancy to be able to get more safety!!!! can you put pressure on them to offer the alp advanced safety option on lower trim levels?

- Bettendorf, IA, USA