4.0

1998 Chrysler Sebring miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Chrysler Sebring:

1998 Chrysler Sebring Owner Comments

Feb 022009

Sebring 6-cyl

Passenger front wheel is making loud noise.

- St Francisville, IL, USA

May 252004

Sebring

Coolant used in the vehicle did not contain enough corrosion inhibitors, as a result the engine block and cylinder head core plugs corroded which caused the coolant to leak. The engine was removed and all core plugs replaced. The mfr. Had a recall for this but the VIN# was not eligible for the recall.

- Newport News, VA, USA

Mar 211998

Sebring

You have a previous recall for this on my car. I tested the vehicle and it was inoperational. I brought it back to a Dodge dealer 4 times before a final repair attempt. At this point they had put it in 1 new part, which is a self adjusting cable. This does not fix the problem though. Their other attempts at fixing my car was to bend a pin back into place that had bent. On the final reapair attempt they again put a whole new assembly in, again in 2 days my car was inoperational. Chrysler said that I was breaking my car and it was all my fault. I wouldn't buy it so I took them to arbitration to try to get my money back for this lemon of a car. At the hearing Chrysler said that they themselves noticed a problem with their cable and started to install a new self adjusting cable per your recall notice stated* in all the new cars coming off of the assembly line as well as in the recalled vehicles. The new car arbitration board where I live determined that this new part was an engineer flaw and was not doing its job and produced a safety hazzard as stated in your recall notice. I am seriously concerned for the safety of other motorists who did not receive such a recall notice in the mail and are unaware of this problem. Chrysler has become aware of it at the hearing, and whether or not they choose to divulge this information I am not sure. I thought that I would divulge it to you so that maybe some further action can be taken. Also I would like to note that not all of the mechanics and service advisors are sure as to how to perform this test correctly. I went into gulf coast Dodge on cleveland ave. In ft. Myers Florida, to have my vehicle fixed, along with several other problems. I was upset and crying, my service advisor assured me that he would make sure that my car was operational. Upon returning to pick up my vehicle they didn't repair my car at all, saying that there was no problem found at this time. No safety defect listed within summary.

- Cape Coral, FL, USA