4.0

1. replace fan swith module (1 reports)
1999 Chrysler Sebring AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1999 Chrysler Sebring:

1999 Chrysler Sebring Owner Comments

Oct 062008

Sebring LX V6

I went to the dealer ship Greater Mobile Chrysler Jeep service department and requested they give me a price to replace my ac fan switch module. I already knew that was what was wrong with it. I'm not a technician but I'm not stupid either although after what they did that is questionable. 20 minutes later they came back and said it would be $402.00 to replace the switch. I felt that this was out of line on the very high side. So I told them I didn't have that kind of money this week I would have to bring it back (which was the truth) They then informed me the diagnostic fee would be $97.00. I nearly fainted. I saw no alternative but to tell them how upset I was at this ridiculous amount and paid it. I then went to 3 other shops and without having to pay them a fee requested and got my prices of between $233.00 and $255.00 . Needless to say I had them fix the switch. I just wanted people to be aware if what a rip off these SOB can be. I really got taken for a ride and I'm sure they do this to alot of women.

- , Semmes, AL, USA