6.2

2. easy resistor fix (2 reports)
  3. replace entire switch (1 reports)
2001 Chrysler Sebring AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Chrysler Sebring:

2001 Chrysler Sebring Owner Comments

Jul 202005

Sebring

I bought this vehicle when it was 4 years old. I'd say the following summer the air conditioning only worked on medium and high. Wasn't long after that it didn't work unless the setting was on defrost or circulate. Now the car is 9 years old and it doesn't work at all. I have friends with cars that are l5 years old with air conditioners that literally freeze you out of the car..........whats up with that?????????????????!!!!!!!!!!! I talk to people who have cars like mine.......they say the same thing........"my car never had air conditioning that worked properly!!!"

- , Bridgeton, MO, USA

Aug 212008

Sebring LX 2.7L V6

I really loved the look of this car but now everything is falling apart on it - the heater and AC only work on high - started out all 4 worked, then worked only on 3 or 4 and now only on high - can't feel any heat or ac from floor - AC also only works on high - power window motors are going bad though hardly used and for awhile my engine made really loud noises and I was told I would need a new engine soon - my car has 71,000 miles and is hardly driven anymore - the radio is also shot - you can turn it on but then have to unhook the battery cables to turn it off - and the cd player is shot and does not work at all - lights just flash back and forth - what a shame that this company was given a bailout and their autos are falling apart across America - I heard they even refused recalling the cars for the problems - I'm glad they are out of business.

- , South Park, PA, USA

Sep 242008

Sebring LXI 2.7L

At first the blower would only work on high and it would make a noise, and then after using several times it quit blowing on any setting

- , Warsaw, Missouri, USA

Jul 162008

Sebring LX 2.6L V6

when i bought the car, it had 84,000 miles and ran great. There was nothing wrong with it. Now that i put on another few thousand miles on it, there are too many problems to count. This car sucks. Don't waste your money.

- , Greenfield, MN, USA

Jun 082007

Sebring LXI 2.7L V

My mechanic initially swore it would be the resistor and that it would not cost much. However, I had heard that Chrysler/Dodge vehicles were notorious for having their blower switches go bad and I held little hope. Sure enough he called me and confirmed my suspicion that the entire switch needed to be replaced. Along with recharging the A/C the total bill was roughly $450.

- , Small Town, Indiana, USA

Jul 062007

Sebring LX 2.4L

I bought this car cause of low mileage and looked good. The first year the blower fan only works on high. Now that it is paid for everything else is starting to fail!!!

- , Owosso, MI, USA

Feb 272007

Sebring V6

My ac/heater only works on the 2 higher levels. there is absolutely nothing that comes out on the lower levels.. have not had it looked at yet..

- , Discovery Bay, CA, USA

Feb 022007

Sebring LX 3.2 V6

Sounds like there is a problem with the fan blower. Mine, also, only works on high. The dealer said it was a $150 part plus labor. An earlier poster said it was an easy fix with a $2 part.

What gives??? I don't trust this dealer anyway so I would assume he is trying to hose me.

- , Naples, FL, USA

Nov 252006

Sebring 2.7 V6

Easiest fix ever. I was lucky and it was still covered under warranty, but it was about a 15 minute repair at the dealership. It was a simple resistor that needed replacement. The dealership told me it was only a couple dollar part at most.

- , Cleveland, Ohio, USA

Oct 022006

Sebring LX

It's the same complaint reported by the 2 Sebring owners earlier. I hoped one of them had a solution as to cause, and method of repair.

- , Brownsville, PA, USA

Sep 222006

Sebring

Heater/air conditioner fan only works on high.

- , Louisville, KY, USA

Sep 132006

Sebring LXI

AC fan only works on high. This is really annoying

- , Nashville, TN, USA