5.3

2001 Chrysler Sebring brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Chrysler Sebring:

2001 Chrysler Sebring Owner Comments

Apr 012004

Sebring 6-cyl

In Aug 2003 I had my brakes done, I was planning on just changing the pads and turning the rotors but I was told that they were below min specs and had to be replaced. So I replaced them now in April 2004 I had my car in for it's regular oil change and had them do a brake inspection because my car was shaking when I applied the brakes. I was told again that all 4 rotors were below min spec and had to be replaced and they had deep groves in them. I'm not a crazy driver I have not had any speeding ticket or accidents. Ever. I was not told what could be causing these groves or why I will have to replace my rotors for the 2nd time with a car that has only 42K miles on it. I would like to know what is causing these deep groves and how to correct this problem. I have not had them fixed yet as I can't afford it.

- Mesa, AZ, USA

Mar 232004

Sebring

When the brakes were applied brake pedal pulsated. Vehicle was serviced, and the technician determined that brake rotors needed to be replaced. The vehicle had its third repair in the last seven months.

- Mounds View, MN, USA