8.0

1. replace the entire housing (1 reports)
2001 Chrysler Sebring cooling system problems

cooling system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Chrysler Sebring:

2001 Chrysler Sebring Owner Comments

Jun 082007

Sebring LXI 2.7L V

On a trip across the country, my Sebring started overheating. I added some coolant and made it to my destination without any real problems. A week later, on the freeway, I started to overheat again. This time I opened the hood and could see where the antifreeze was bubbling out. The mechanic I took it to couldn't get the part for me right away, but put some stop-leak in it and it held for two more weeks.

The thermostat housing is a dealer part that Autozone and other shops won't carry. It's approximately $95 alone for the part. You can change it yourself. Its a fairly simple repair - take off the hoses, undo the clips, and unscrew the bolts holding it in place. It's right on the top of the engine, but one of the bolts is inconveniently located under the manifold. It's a pain to get to, but it is is possible to reach with a tiny little 8mm wrench.

I certainly do not recommend Sebrings to my friends. I've had quite a few problems with my car. I haven't written off the entire Dodge/Chrysler company... my parents have owned 5 Dodge/Chrysler minivans and have never had any major problems with their vehicles. I guess, that's just life.

- , Small Town, IN, USA