1. $1900 engine replacement or junk it` (1 reports)
2001 Chrysler Sebring engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Chrysler Sebring:

2001 Chrysler Sebring Owner Comments

May 172008

Sebring LXI 2.7L

My 2001 Sebring LXi gave up on me two months ago. There was no indication of trouble, no engine light. I changed my oil religiously. After trip to local mechanic and Chrysler service department (by towing at my expense), it was determined I had a blown head gasket, water in the oil, the timing had 'jumped', I had metal shavings in the gas and fuel pump (which went out also). In short the car is toast. I bought a Toyota. Now my other car, a 2004 Sebring, is having problems. Chrysler dealer, a different one, tells me I need a new cam shaft position sensor (sounds a little liked 'jumped timing' doesn't it!). This car has about 48 K on it. I'm scared to death it's going to 'blow up' on my like the 2001. The 2001 had 89K on it when it went TU. No more Chrysler products for me. No wonder foreign cars are taking over. They know how to build quality.

- , Camano Island, WA, USA