6.7

1. replace ball joints (3 reports)
2001 Chrysler Sebring suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Chrysler Sebring:

2001 Chrysler Sebring Owner Comments

Jun 022013

Sebring 2.7L

2001 Chrysler Sebring 2.7 engine

WORST CAR EVER MADE

- , Collierville, TN, USA

Jun 042006

Sebring LX 2.4L

Car ran well, easy on gas,engine ran good, 2.4 litre,,just sold it with 248,000 km, approx 154,000 miles but every year I had to spend about $1000.00 (US) on front end a year after it went off warranty. Ball-joints, bushings, you name it, I changed it.The only thing I didn't have to change over the years was the steering wheel. I went back to GM.

- , Bathurst, N.B, Canada

Jul 222010

Sebring LX 2.7L V6

I had the car checked out for clanking noises from the front of the car when going over bumps. I thought this was probably the brakes. They of course couldn't recreate the clanking noises I was experiencing, but they said that there was a lot of play in the ball joints and that that was probably part of the sounds I was hearing. The parts were ~$100 at O'Reilly and labor was $353 for two ball joints. They also said control arm bushings were popped out. I had them replaced as well, but listed them under a separate complaint.

Funny, after I had these things fixed, there is still a lot of clanking over bumps. The mechanic then said he thought it was the brakes, which is what I said in the first place.

- , Cottage Grove, MN, USA