2001 Chrysler Sebring suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Chrysler Sebring:

2001 Chrysler Sebring Owner Comments

Jul 102006

I heard a rattling noise coming from the back end of my 2001 Chrysler Sebring. I needed to pick up children and intended to look into noise when I got home. About a mile from home on a bumpy country road, the rear passenger side tire blew out. While changing the tire, it was discovered that the strut support had corroded and broken, throwing the shock into my tire. Tire is destroyed and strut/shock needed to be replaced. The mechanic looks at the other side and finds that it too is corroded and ready to break. A friend is a mechanic for a Chrysler dealer and says he has seen this before and Chrysler knows this is a problem, but has not issued a recall. This malfunction sent my car into the oncoming traffic lane, and I was just lucky that I was in the country and no one was coming the other way! the warranty on my car expired 2 months ago. Is Chrysler in any way responsible for the repair costs?

- Akron, NY, USA