4.0

1. replacement of entire seat base mechanism assembly. (1 reports)
2002 Chrysler Sebring accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Chrysler Sebring:

2002 Chrysler Sebring Owner Comments

Apr 302007

Sebring LXI 2.7 V6

The driver's power seat stopped adjusting the front lift. The motor ran, but did not lift the seat. All other positions operate correctly. I removed the seat and determinet the problem to be a stripped (plastic type) gear that drives a screwdrive that raises and lowers the front of the seat. It is a "ring and pinion" type gear arrangement. I went to my local Chrysler dealer to order the two gears and learned I could not. Nor could I order the motor and drive gear assembly. To fix the problem I would have to order the entire seat base with the three motors and all the mechanism. Cost is $525 plus tax! I contacted Chrysler to see if there was any way to get only the parts needed or to atleast only get the motor assembly with the gears attached. Answer was NO. Nor did I get a response to my question as to who manufactured the seat assembly for me to contact them to see if they could sell the needed parts. Now I am in the process of searching salvage yards to find the seat so I can make the repair. I am very disappointed in Chrysler for making the repair of a minor problem such an expense.

- , Springboro, OH, USA