9.0

2. replaced brakes, rotors, and wheel bearing (1 reports)
  3. replaced master cylinder (1 reports)
2002 Chrysler Sebring brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Chrysler Sebring:

2002 Chrysler Sebring Owner Comments

Sep 112015

Sebring LXI 2.7L

The brakes are good but you push on brake pedal and you have to pump brakes up before pedal is sound.

- , Choctaw, OK, USA

May 242012

Sebring 2.4L V4

After a full 30 days after buying this POS, I had to replace the rear, right rotor, wheeling bearing and brakes. Because the brakes were malfunctioning so they would stay on even when my foot wasn't on the brake. Should have been my first clue to buy a bicycle instead of a Chrysler.

- , athens, OH, USA

Jun 072007

Sebring 2.7L V6

Bought a used sebring with 45000 miles on it and had problems with the brakes immediately. I was told by the dealerthat it was just that it had been sitting and needed the rotors adjusted, problems continued but dealer would not listen, at around the 49500 area the car lost its brakes and I could hit either a house or a truck, I chose the truck. I got the car to my mechanic that found the master cylinder on my brakes was gone and had to be replaced. He was actually in disbelief and had never seen one go on a car with so few miles. I had him fix it and tried to get compensation from the dealer but got no where. I eventually contacted chrysler, by this time my car had just hit 50000 miles and chrysler said it would do nothing because I reached 50000 miles, even though the problem occurred before then and I had proof when it was fixed that it was under that. I was stuck for the replacement of the master cylinder and now had a damaged front end from the accident. This car had been nothing but a nightmare from the moment I purchased it and continued to be till its eventual death.

- , Marlborough, MA, USA

Sep 122006

Sebring LX

dealership bled brake lines & seemed to help, but now that warranty has lapsed, it seems to be acting up again. If it is really damp outside & air temp is 25 - 35 degrees, can push brake petal to floor with no results until brake has been pumped for 5 minutes. Also car does not handle well on wet roads.

- , Portage, WI, USA