1. replace transmission (3 reports)
2002 Chrysler Sebring transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Chrysler Sebring:

2002 Chrysler Sebring Owner Comments

Jan 212008

Sebring ES 4

so i purchased my car feb 07 with 58k miles on it. jan 08 comes around less than a yr after my purchase the tranny starts to slip. now they say 3000 to fix it and i still owe on the vehicle. i am so irritated with this car i cant believe there would be problems with just this little mileage. BOOOO i hate this car

- , Englewood, CO, USA

May 012007

Sebring LX 2.4

I purchased my car brand new with 45 miles on it. In the 4 years that I had the car, my car has been back to the shop for 34 problems. 7 times for the check engine light alone. At 6,000 miles, I complained that my car was having trouble pulling hills and its idling. My car was inspected at the car dealership where I purchased the car, two months later my transmission it out. They said that it is beyond repair. I contacted Chrysler for some assistance and they weren't any help at all. They want $5,400 to fix the car and I still owe money on the car. When my car was under warranty they kept saying it was things such as the spark plugs, now that the warranty is out now its the transmission.

- , Aliquippa, PA, USA

Mar 112007

Sebring V6

Car hesitated upon acceleration, then failed to start. Once started again 15 minutes later, I drove it to the Chrysler shop where they tell me the tranny will fail soon and needs to be replaced. This car just lost 100% of its' value. No warning for this trouble. Car has been regularly serviced including changing tranny fluid once at about 75K miles.

- , Parker, CO, USA

Jan 052007

Sebring 2.4L

All happened in one week. Warning happened on tuesday when I felt a lag in response to acceleration. Nothing else happened until Saturday. Used car Saturday morning without problems. Later during the day was driving car on expressway when felt lag again then car began to not shift at all, now car does not shift, transmission just whines.

- , Glenwood, IL, USA