8.0

1. replace cooling tower (1 reports)
2004 Chrysler Sebring cooling system problems

cooling system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Chrysler Sebring:

2004 Chrysler Sebring Owner Comments

Oct 072009

Sebring LX

So, we bought this car when our POS 2001 Intrepid was dying...we unloaded that car before it actually died on us, however since our credit sucks, all we could get a decent price and interest rate was this 2004 Sebring Convertible. Boy, was I a sucker!! Turns out, this damn car has the EXACT same engine as the 2001 Intrepid. So yesterday, we went to get our back tires replaced (they needed it they were old), and had an oil change done. Come to find out...the engine cooling tower is on its last legs!! %&(!! We had fixed this SAME THING on the Intrepid, to the tune of $500...come to find out, it's a known problem with this engine, along with the oil sludge issue. I ended up having to go crawling to my parents to borrow their credit card so I could get my car fixed, and plan to pay off this car ASAP (we only got it in December) and GET RID OF IT...I don't care if all I can get is a 10 year old car, it WON'T be a Chrysler/Dodge product...funny enough, the 2000 Focus Wagon (aka Chitty Chitty Bang Bang) we have still runs, even though it's a POS too.

- , Wichita, KS, USA