8.7

1. camshaft senor replacement (1 reports)
  3. replaced O2 sensor and wiring harness (1 reports)
2004 Chrysler Sebring electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Chrysler Sebring:

2004 Chrysler Sebring Owner Comments

Oct 252009

Sebring Sedan 2.4L Dohc

My engine light keeps going off.. I have taken it to 4 different shops to see what the code is. It keeps coding Cam Shaft Position Sensor. I have changed it 3 times. Engine light still keeps going off!!! The PCM was changed in April along with the timing belt, tensioner, cam shaft position sensor and crank shaft position sensor. Her is my typical Day... leave my house in the morning for work.. after about 1/2 mile down the road .. engine light goes off.. car "surges" I pull over turn car off and recrank. The car runs fine but the engine light is still on. I leave for lunch... car runs fine and the engine light is still on. I leave work go get in my car and the engine light is off! BUT the next morning we start the same routine again!!! the car really only acts up as soon as the engine light goes off. I WILL NEVER NEVER NEVER buy another chrysler product.. This is my 3rd one... and final one!!! all of them were nothing but trouble

- , Wildwood, GA, USA

May 042007

Sebring LXI 2.7

I took the car back to the dealer where I bought the car at that time the car had 66,000 miles on it and I drove it just about 10 miles when the check engine light came on. The next day I took it to the dealer and they said it was put on the computer and it came up carbon buildup. they said it would be fine. Then weeks later it got worse I have tried everything to try and fix it. The car now has 73,000 miles the warranty is past and I put it on the computer myself it came up a cam sensor the check engine light would come on and I would loss horsepower right away it would buck going up the road. And sometimes not even want to start when you crank it it took 4 times of cranking then it started but as soon as it started the light was back on. Since the sensor it's acting somewhat better but we will see.

- , Mifflinburg, PA, USA

Apr 202007

Sebring 2.7L

This is part 3 of the problems previous posted (see seatbelt/air bag and engine)

Last month my engine light came on. I took it to the dealer, they told me the O2 sensor was bad (the claim says "circuits-sensor shorted") and it was replaced. That was 3/9/07. On 4/12 my engine light again came on. The dealer stated the wiring harness for the O2 sensor was bad and that must have been the real reason the O2 sensor shorted less than one month ago. I left the car overnight because I was told the part would be in the next day. The next day they called to tell me they had ordered the wrong part (this is the 2nd time this has happened to me with this car, different problem). Unfortunately I could not leave the car over the weekend as I needed to have a vehicle and this dealership doesn't give out loaners.

On Monday, after several unreturned phone calls I finally drove to the dealer and told them to fix it. I waited about an hour and had a nice discussion with the Service Manager about the complete frustration that I have had with this car, how I will never lease a Chrysler ever again, and my considerable thought to obtaining a lawyer unless they extend the full warranty out over the remainder of the lease or give me something else to drive. I am suppose to hear something this next week. Anyway, that part was fixed and then today (4/20) the damn thing stalled (see my complaint under engine).

I probably wouldn't be so angry but when I tried to resolve this issue last month, Duane the sales manager politely told me that I "should have known the lease was 4 years and the warranty was only 3". As I explained to the service manager, Don, that really was the wrong thing to say to me. Anyway, I await an answer from Chrysler within this next week. I keep hoping the transmission will fall out!

- , Sioux Falls, SD, USA