1. replace the mounts (1 reports)
2004 Chrysler Sebring engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Chrysler Sebring:

2004 Chrysler Sebring Owner Comments

Jul 072016

Sebring LX 2.7L V6

Okay... in past five months since I bought this car, I've noticed vibration side to side when driving, particularly at lower speeds, so I took it in for new tires and a front end alignment, thinking that would probably solve the issue. It didn't. A couple of months later, I went in and had the tires balanced and rotated. I explained I was still having the vibration problem. Mechanic said he would take it for a test drive. Got it back up on the lift, and that's when I was shown that my engine is loose. Motor mount problem at only 48,000 miles. It also probably explains why a diagnostic code is popping up saying I have a hose leak somewhere. I'm told the cost to do the repair work is going to cost a fortune and that having motor mount issues with a car with this low of mileage on it is "unusual". Nothing about owning this car has been NORMAL yet. Multiple issues in very short time, and I am distinctly unhappy. Enough so that I won't be buying another Chrysler.

- , Sequim, WA, USA