7.9

2. replace the horn, the horn pad and the airbag (5 reports)
  3. start a class action law suit (5 reports)
  4. bladder switch repaced (1 reports)
  5. clockspring issue (1 reports)
  6. removed horn fuse (1 reports)
2005 Chrysler Sebring accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Chrysler Sebring:

2005 Chrysler Sebring Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Mar 122015

Sebring

Very annoying both to me and the drivers around me as well as my neighbors, that my horn honks incessantly almost every morning that I leave for work. It blasts (not just a honk) as soon as I open my driver's side door until I hit the horn several times, then it intermittently blasts as I drive out of my complex and down the road for about a mile continuing to bang on the horn to make it stop, as I am waving and shrugging my shoulders to the other drivers as they glare at me like I'm doing it on purpose.

I have seen the many, many posts on this obvious Chrysler product problem and cannot afford to take the car into a dealership and be charged $1000.00+ for this fix. I can and will however, pull the horn fuse but that is NOT a fix. The horn is put on a car as a safety device and I am being forced to dismantle a safety device to drive this (my only) car. NOT A GOOD IDEA CHRYSLER!!

I too am interested in a class action case if there is one being prepared. I am sure Chrysler has seen these MANY, MANY posts and just will not address it. Maybe if the Government offers to pay them to recall these cars they would do it, they seem to have no problem being bailed out of their financial woes on the backs of taxpayers and then snub their noses at their taxpaying customers.

- , Phoenix, AZ, USA

Nov 012014

Sebring Touring

Tired of this damn horn going off by itself, sometimes three times into the night. My son has been driving the car and the horn just started going off and he had people slowing down, stopping, trying to see what the problem was. All he could do was hold up his hand and shrug his shoulders in embarrassment hoping it would stop and not do it again.

Well, it's been months and the horn still goes off by itself, mostly at night and seems like only when it's been cold does this happen. But people in the neighborhood are waking up asking is there a problem because they think someone is wailing on the horn and won't get off it. I'm tired of this bull...Chrysler needs to do something about this defect!!!!!!!!!@

- , Greensburg, LA, USA

Jul 012014

Sebring Limited

The horn worked just fine when I first bought the car. However, it got progressively quieter and squeakier as time went on. By the end of July, it would barely work at all. Now, it is November, and the horn will not work at ALL.

- , Sedalia, MO, USA

Feb 012013

Sebring 2.4L

I have the same issue with my horn. When you push the horn it will not turn off. I pulled the fuse out so that I would not have to deal with the horn having a mind of its own. My fix was to purchase a switch about $4-5 at the auto store and rewire the horn in on my own. It looks a little tacky, I put the switch under the turn signal, but it is far better than being in traffic or at a light and having the horn go off for 5 minutes. straight. I never took it in but I am guessing it is an issue with the horn switch which is under the airbag. Expensive fix which is why Chrysler will never pay to fix the issue. just look at GM they were too cheap to fix faulty ignition switches that lead to deaths and accidents.

- , Lakeview, MI, USA

Aug 082008

Sebring GTC

This is totally unacceptable. Chrysler needs to recall. My vehicle will not pass inspection because of this issue, and the repair cost is not economically viable.

- , Houston, TX, USA

Jul 142012

Sebring Touring V6

Five different repair shops had no idea of problem. Called Chrysler ,they had me go to a dealer for a diagnostic, diagnostic did not show anything, dealer kept car then told me I needed a horn Module. Parts stores and other dealers never heard of a horn Module. Now Chrysler and my dealer are talking to see if some monetary assistance can be given to me. I think this needs to be addressed by Chrysler as a recall.

- , Roswell, GA - Georgia, USA

Oct 082012

Sebring Touring V6

Chrysler Sebring, what a joke of a car. First had transmission problems and had to go through Lemon Law process to get it replaced. Now the horn goes off intermitently for no reason. Can't duplicate it by force when at mechanics and can't stop it when it happens. Horn may blow for 3 - 5 minitues or just for a few seconds. Hey, if anyone wants to start a class action suit, I'm in.

- , Middletown, NJ, USA

Aug 132012

Sebring GTS Convertble V6

click to see larger images

horn malfunction

My horn first started malfunctioning while I was honking at someone who was about to change lanes into my car. The horn kept honking and I punched it thinking it was stuck. It stopped. But latter the horn would go off while driving, while waiting at a light. After a few days, it started going off every time I opened the door from the drive side and sometimes when I close the door. I have to tap the horn in order to make it stop. This is very annoying, my issue sounds identical to countless other Chrysler owners. I'm planning on removing the horn fuse, once I figure out which one it is. I can't afford to repair it now. This car has had a lot of problems, but I love it. It's my first convertible and I've enjoyed driving it for over 50,000 miles. I bought it used at about 75,000 million. Its now at 132,000 miles. Oh I forgot to mention, I put a new engine in it a few months ago, $1,300 rebuilt engine. And still I love my car.

- , Houston, TX, USA

Feb 202011

Sebring Sedan 2.4L

Just fed up with the horn at this point. I feel I should not have to pay that high price to fix this problem when I keep getting it could be or maybe. After looking at this site and others I will be shelling out lots of money.

- , Richmond, VA, USA

Jan 012012

Sebring 4 cyl

I am with.ALL the others here! What a pain in the ass...and the police threaten to ticket for the horn, on occasion! How can I disconnect? I am most certainly NOT paying Chrysler to fix this.

- , Long Beach, CA, USA

Mar 152012

Sebring V6

Last week I took my 2005 sebring to Chrysler as the horn was acting up again; The horn goes off first thing in the morning when I unlock the car or the trunk; after about five mins it stops but starts blowing again while I'm driving so it is also a safety concern in the traffic. They kept the car for two days than it did it so they recommended to me to change the horn and the air bag: the only way they say to solve the problem properly; but the cost is $1236.94 and the car isn't under any warranty; I feel it should be part of a recall since so many people have had the same problem. On top of all this I had to pay the Chrysler dealer up front for them to order the parts (Ottawa Dodge Chrysler/St-Laurent Blvd). The parts will be under warranty for a year. Anyone knows about a recall on this or a class action going on?

I've also had some problems before with the air bag light staying on related to the

seatbelt tensioner but it was fixed and it seems ok for now.

- , Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Mar 072012

Sebring GTC Convt 2.7L V6

Was involved in a minor fender bend/ hit and run monday so I laid on the horn at the lady as she drove off. I was hit from behind so it was nothing serious. The next day I unlocked my car, it was like 55 degrees out and my horn just went of continuously for like 5 minutes, it stopped and went off again. I tried to hit the horn to shut it off but nothing worked. I stopped before I left and then as I tried to use the horn just to test it, and it wouldn't go off. I hadn't removed any fuses or anything. With the car being in the fender bender and the air bag being tied to the horn I opted to leave the car at home. Will see what the body shop says today.

- , Matthews, NC, USA

Dec 092011

Sebring TSI 2.7L V6

I purchased vehicle in July-2005. The first time it happened was11/22/06,they reprogrammed the system it work for a while then it happened again in 03/20/07 they replaced horn relay switch. And it has just started happening again this pats week

12/09/2011 and they are telling me they can't fix the problem unless it replicates itself while they are working on it. It is obvious that I am not the only one with this problem and Chrysler does not seem to think it is a problem. If it causes an accident while I am on the road with this problem I am going to hold Chrysler Corp. responsible and legal action will be taken against them. They were quick to take government money when they were in trouble but when it comes to customer concerns the really don't care!

- , Appleton, WI, USA

Oct 012009

Sebring Limited 6 cyl

chrysler said no one has ever filed a complaint on this and they wont fix it...the horn is attached to the airbag and the whole thing will have to be replaced...about $1000.

- , Cincinnati, O, USA

Sep 152011

Sebring EX 2.5L

Horn started blowing for no reason even when car was turned off.Took relay out now horn does not work at all.Any Help?

- , Franklinton, NC, USA

Sep 162010

Sebring TCP 2.7L V6

The horn was going off randomly all the time now it dose not work at all, and my AIRBAG light is acting up and coming on and off at random times. I think that we should start a class action lawsuit - it only takes 5 to get it going.

- , Sacramento, CA, USA

Mar 012010

Sebring LX 3.2L

Add me to the list. The horn that goes off when you least expect it. Dealer says air bag needs to be redone to repair. Expensive. I have removed the fuse to stop the issue. Chrysler needs to remedy.

- , Peachtree City, GA, USA

Jan 032011

Sebring Sport Convertible V6

I have the same problem as everyone else. My 2005 Chrysler Sebring Convertible has a horn that has a mind of it's own. In the past it was only when I unlocked it and then it would finally stop a few minutes later. Today, I honked my horn at someone coming into my lane and the horn would not stop. Then it would do a few short honks and then it just stopped. I went to run errands and it just kept on going off at all kinds of different times. I tried hitting the horn but not sure if that really helped. Now my horn wont work when I want it to. I pulled into the dealership as the horn was going off and they couldn't disconnect it. They said the fuse was also for the steering column and couldn't be disconnected and still be drivable. I have been researching the issue and can not believe how many people with Sebrings from 2000-2006 have had this same problem without any resolution and their has not been a recall from Chrysler. My vehicle is not under warranty anymore and can not afford a costly fix. This is a major safety issue, especially since I don't know if my airbag still works.

I hope someone can help.

- , Torrance, CA, USA

Jan 042011

Sebring Touring Convertible

Hi,

This happened to me four years ago, but my car was under warranty then.

The horn would go off whenever wherever without notice. Sometimes early in the morning, sometimes while driving. Not a good thing at all when people think your beeping at them....I called my Chrysler dealer service center and they told me that if that was the same problem it would cost about 750 to fix. not happy at all.

- , Keene, NH, USA

Sep 082010

Sebring Limited V6

I have paid two $100.00 diagnostic fees to the Chrysler dealer with no resolution found or offered. The advisor actually said, "What do you expect me to do?" The car only has 32000 miles on it, it started two years ago when it only had 11,000 miles. The horn goes off when unlocking the vehicle. The horn goes off when driving down the road. The horn goes off when at a stop light or going through the tolls. It has become a real problem and is a safety issue! I see several people have had the same problem. Why isn't Chrysler having a recall on this problem?

- , Nashua, NH, USA