8.0

2. replace the horn, the horn pad and the airbag (5 reports)
  3. start a class action law suit (5 reports)
  4. bladder switch repaced (1 reports)
  5. clockspring issue (1 reports)
  6. removed horn fuse (1 reports)
2005 Chrysler Sebring electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Chrysler Sebring:

2005 Chrysler Sebring Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Aug 082008

Sebring GTC

This is totally unacceptable. Chrysler needs to recall. My vehicle will not pass inspection because of this issue, and the repair cost is not economically viable.

- , Houston, TX, USA

Jul 142012

Sebring Touring V6

Five different repair shops had no idea of problem. Called Chrysler ,they had me go to a dealer for a diagnostic, diagnostic did not show anything, dealer kept car then told me I needed a horn Module. Parts stores and other dealers never heard of a horn Module. Now Chrysler and my dealer are talking to see if some monetary assistance can be given to me. I think this needs to be addressed by Chrysler as a recall.

- , Roswell, GA - Georgia, USA

Oct 082012

Sebring Touring V6

Chrysler Sebring, what a joke of a car. First had transmission problems and had to go through Lemon Law process to get it replaced. Now the horn goes off intermitently for no reason. Can't duplicate it by force when at mechanics and can't stop it when it happens. Horn may blow for 3 - 5 minitues or just for a few seconds. Hey, if anyone wants to start a class action suit, I'm in.

- , Middletown, NJ, USA

Feb 202011

Sebring Sedan 2.4L

Just fed up with the horn at this point. I feel I should not have to pay that high price to fix this problem when I keep getting it could be or maybe. After looking at this site and others I will be shelling out lots of money.

- , Richmond, VA, USA

Jan 012012

Sebring 4 cyl

I am with.ALL the others here! What a pain in the ass...and the police threaten to ticket for the horn, on occasion! How can I disconnect? I am most certainly NOT paying Chrysler to fix this.

- , Long Beach, CA, USA

Mar 152012

Sebring V6

Last week I took my 2005 sebring to Chrysler as the horn was acting up again; The horn goes off first thing in the morning when I unlock the car or the trunk; after about five mins it stops but starts blowing again while I'm driving so it is also a safety concern in the traffic. They kept the car for two days than it did it so they recommended to me to change the horn and the air bag: the only way they say to solve the problem properly; but the cost is $1236.94 and the car isn't under any warranty; I feel it should be part of a recall since so many people have had the same problem. On top of all this I had to pay the Chrysler dealer up front for them to order the parts (Ottawa Dodge Chrysler/St-Laurent Blvd). The parts will be under warranty for a year. Anyone knows about a recall on this or a class action going on?

I've also had some problems before with the air bag light staying on related to the

seatbelt tensioner but it was fixed and it seems ok for now.

- , Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Mar 072012

Sebring GTC Convt 2.7L V6

Was involved in a minor fender bend/ hit and run monday so I laid on the horn at the lady as she drove off. I was hit from behind so it was nothing serious. The next day I unlocked my car, it was like 55 degrees out and my horn just went of continuously for like 5 minutes, it stopped and went off again. I tried to hit the horn to shut it off but nothing worked. I stopped before I left and then as I tried to use the horn just to test it, and it wouldn't go off. I hadn't removed any fuses or anything. With the car being in the fender bender and the air bag being tied to the horn I opted to leave the car at home. Will see what the body shop says today.

- , Matthews, NC, USA

Dec 092011

Sebring TSI 2.7L V6

I purchased vehicle in July-2005. The first time it happened was11/22/06,they reprogrammed the system it work for a while then it happened again in 03/20/07 they replaced horn relay switch. And it has just started happening again this pats week

12/09/2011 and they are telling me they can't fix the problem unless it replicates itself while they are working on it. It is obvious that I am not the only one with this problem and Chrysler does not seem to think it is a problem. If it causes an accident while I am on the road with this problem I am going to hold Chrysler Corp. responsible and legal action will be taken against them. They were quick to take government money when they were in trouble but when it comes to customer concerns the really don't care!

- , Appleton, Wisconsin, USA

Sep 162010

Sebring TCP 2.7L V6

The horn was going off randomly all the time now it dose not work at all, and my AIRBAG light is acting up and coming on and off at random times. I think that we should start a class action lawsuit - it only takes 5 to get it going.

- , Sacramento, CA, USA

Mar 012010

Sebring LX 3.2L

Add me to the list. The horn that goes off when you least expect it. Dealer says air bag needs to be redone to repair. Expensive. I have removed the fuse to stop the issue. Chrysler needs to remedy.

- , Peachtree City, Georgia, USA

Jan 032011

Sebring Sport Convertible V6

I have the same problem as everyone else. My 2005 Chrysler Sebring Convertible has a horn that has a mind of it's own. In the past it was only when I unlocked it and then it would finally stop a few minutes later. Today, I honked my horn at someone coming into my lane and the horn would not stop. Then it would do a few short honks and then it just stopped. I went to run errands and it just kept on going off at all kinds of different times. I tried hitting the horn but not sure if that really helped. Now my horn wont work when I want it to. I pulled into the dealership as the horn was going off and they couldn't disconnect it. They said the fuse was also for the steering column and couldn't be disconnected and still be drivable. I have been researching the issue and can not believe how many people with Sebrings from 2000-2006 have had this same problem without any resolution and their has not been a recall from Chrysler. My vehicle is not under warranty anymore and can not afford a costly fix. This is a major safety issue, especially since I don't know if my airbag still works.

I hope someone can help.

- , Torrance, California, USA

Jan 042011

Sebring Touring Convertible

Hi,

This happened to me four years ago, but my car was under warranty then.

The horn would go off whenever wherever without notice. Sometimes early in the morning, sometimes while driving. Not a good thing at all when people think your beeping at them....I called my Chrysler dealer service center and they told me that if that was the same problem it would cost about 750 to fix. not happy at all.

- , Keene, NH, USA

Sep 082010

Sebring Limited V6

I have paid two $100.00 diagnostic fees to the Chrysler dealer with no resolution found or offered. The advisor actually said, "What do you expect me to do?" The car only has 32000 miles on it, it started two years ago when it only had 11,000 miles. The horn goes off when unlocking the vehicle. The horn goes off when driving down the road. The horn goes off when at a stop light or going through the tolls. It has become a real problem and is a safety issue! I see several people have had the same problem. Why isn't Chrysler having a recall on this problem?

- , Nashua, NH, USA

Jan 012006

Sebring V6

I just bought this car, 2005 Sebring, and the last owner had the horn disconnected because the horn was going off anytime anywhere and it was causing huge problems for the him (he said he was at a stop sign once and the horn was beeping as he was waiting behind another car... the other person thought he was doing it on purpose and was upset) The horn was going off at other times too... so the cheap fix was just to have it disconnected... He said the estimates to fix were quite pricey... I can't believe this is not covered under warranty.... the horn is a safety feature of the car and if there is an electrical problem or whatever with it shouldn't there be a recall on this?

- , Wausau, WI, USA

Nov 182009

Sebring Touring 2.7L V6

I have had this car now for 2 years and haven't had many problems with it but my biggest problem is the horn. I need my horn but b/c it controls itself I had to remove the fuse. Like others, it doesn't matter what time of day, night, or the weather this thing starts honking on it's own. I was afraid to use the horn b/c I knew it would just keep honking but when it started blowing by itself I had to unplug the fuse. I have taken it to the shop and at first they told me water had gotten in the horn thing, then I was told I had to have the airbag removed to fix, and then it's something else after that but either way it's not fixed and I have no horn.

- , Birmingham, AL, USA

Mar 152010

Sebring ES V6

I have the same problem as many others on this site: the horn on my 2005 Chrysler Sebring blasts periodically for less then a minute rather driving or parked. It happens at all hours in all weather conditions. I have had no satisfaction with the local dealer. They want to charge over $100 an hour to attempt a diagnosis with no guarantees. I have been temporarily removing the relay as I'm driving the neighbors crazy. I recently called customer service at Chrysler who said they would research the problem and get back to me. It has been about a week with no response yet. The person I talked with said there had been no recall on this problem as of yet. It would seem there are enough complaints out there to indicate the need for recall since the horn would probably be considered a safety item. I would just ask those with the same problem to call Chrysler and register a complaint. If enough people complain maybe they will do something.

- , Hilo, HI, USA

Mar 032008

Sebring V6

I bought the car used becasue I liked the Sebring...As a matter of fact, it may have belonged to one of the other users here first...At first, it was just here and there and inconvenient...Then, usually more during winters or cold weather, it went off in the middle of the night for about a week or so...then it stopped for a while....then it started again months later...It started up again about a month or so ago and gradually increased to several times per day and everytime I got in the car (about 15 seconds after I started the car)...I told the ladies at the bank about my demon-possessed car and they just laughed...As I pulled out of the bank, the car horn went again for the next 30 seconds...I imagined them laughing inside...While the horn was still blowing, I pulled into the service station and they pulled the Horn relay until I could come back in a few days...Like the others, they told me I had to replace the whole assembly with the airbag, etc and it would cost $750...They could not find any at the junk yards...probably ordered by others...So they rigged a separate horn switch / button and mounted it on the dash next to the steering wheel...They passed it for inspection...The cost was about $150 bucks which included the time into researching the issue, I think...The button isn;t pretty, but it's cheaper and it passed inspection...and I have a horn...with no issues...That have exorcised the demon!

- , Brodheadsville, PA, USA

Jul 242009

Sebring GTC V6

At 3:00 o'clock in the morning, I awoke to my horn just honking away. I did as you all did and beat on it and finally it stopped. It happened another time in the middle of the night and then happened when I was stopped at a light. EVERYONE was looking at me as I dramatically pounded on the steering wheel. I don't think the pounding is really helping, as it seems to just stop on it's own. The last time it happened was yesterday. As I pulled up to my friends house, and was just about to shut it off, the horn started honking short honks then progressed to looooonnngggg honks. Being Labor Day, needless to say all the neighbors came out to see what all the racket was about. After pounding on it for a few, I decided to drive away as I was sooo humiliated by this time. It stopped about 6 houses down the street. Go figure. However, it was the first time I was aware that there was a ticking sound coming from the area where the control panel for the mirrors were, on the left side of the front of dashboard. After reading all of the above, I think I will just take out the fuse. If I don't have a horn, so be it. I can't afford to have it fixed!

- , Santee, CA, USA

Mar 272009

Sebring

Of course my horn decides to act up when it was time for my inspection to expire. I pull into the service station, making it through the inspection fine until the service man says hit the horn; it blew and then after I removed my hand in continued to blow. I was advised to remove the fuse, give it a few minutes and then replace. I started the car and heard nothing but as soon as I was about to rejoice the damn thing started blowing again, and now I have a BIG FAT REJECTION STICKER. I called the Chrysler dealership where I purchased the car and was pretty upset about the quote I was given and the $94 an hour labor fee. Can someone help? Are there any other solutions to getting this resolved!!!!

- , Spotsylvania, VA, USA

Sep 102008

Sebring LX 3.2L

Horn goes off and is so annoying. I bang on the wheel trying to get it to stop. Fixing is so expensive. I feel like I am stuck with the car now as who will buy with an expensive repair bill pending.

- , Peachtree City, Georgia, USA