2005 Chrysler Sebring engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Chrysler Sebring:

2005 Chrysler Sebring Owner Comments

Feb 012016

The most recent problem with this car is that it completely turned off....stalled out when I was driving 70 miles an hour on the I-4 thank god that I have quick reflexes or else me and my three children would be dead had camshaft sensor multiple times replaced, bad suspension and horn again it has a lot of problems with the suspension the ball joints wear out a lot especially on the left side for some reason the power windows gets stuck I spend hundreds of dollars probably more than the car is worth quite honestly I've had this damn car I was going to give it to my son now that X is here I was going to lease a new one for safety but I wouldn't even sell this car to anyone I'm going to junk it for parts the manufacturers of this car have a responsibility to keep its public safe!! I don't think its right that as a single mother I had to jeopardize my electric payment to fix a car that should have been placed on the recall list what robbery right now - had I not acted quickly thank god for my cdl training to be in the lane of least resistance... if not I would be here maybe not even my children...if anyone is reading this and you have a Sebring it doesn't seem to matter what model or year especially a 2005 sedan please do not drive over 35 40 miles an hour with that car keep both hands on your steering wheel and pay attention!! no cell phone no radio no talking no distractions your life and the lives of everyone in that vehicle very much depend on it and these companies have a way of getting around these recalls for not adding the vehicles that they no parts or damage to the list it's all about money and big corporation mean well our lives on the deadline be safe stay away from Sebring if you can financially afford to stay away from one I'm drunk in this car it's running I'm just not going to rest my life anymore I'm going to walk and take the metro be safe

- Orlando, FL, USA

Jul 162014

Sebring 6-cyl

Driving on 195 West heavy rain vehicle hydroplates in front of us no where to go but to hit the other vehicle imy main question is my airbags never came out..questioning vehicle was totaled and towed away I am the owner of this vehicle.... updated 4/24/2015

- New Bedford, MA, USA

Mar 032014

Sebring 6-cyl

The engine is crap. I bought and the then two weeks later it has a bad knock.

- S Yarmouth, MA, USA

Jun 122013

Sebring 4-cyl

Six months after purchasing a used Chrysler Sebring 2005 from a local dealership, a large stream of oil began (and continued) to pour out of the drive shaft seal when the engine was running. The car was taken to a service center where the problem was diagnosed as a bad drive shaft that had ruined the engine block and drive shaft seal. The only fix they offered was an engine replacement (which would cost more than the original cost of the vehicle).

- Whiteville, TN, USA