2. new motor (1 reports)
2005 Chrysler Sebring engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Chrysler Sebring:

2005 Chrysler Sebring Owner Comments

Apr 212011

I am sure many know of this problem as Chrysler communicates the problem to mechanics as Faulty and as a warning for this engine, but doesn't recall the engine!!! NEVER WILL BUY A CHRYSLER ANYTHING EVER AGAIN!!!!!

- , Murillo, ON, canada

May 022012

Sebring LX 2.4L

click to see larger images

horrific oil leak

At 138500 kms the main front crank seal popped off. I had it replaced at a local garage since it was not under warranty anymore. I drove the car for less than 200kms and the same problem again. From what I am reading on the net. The crank now have some wiggle to it and shakes the seal right out. For a 2005 car that has been driven gently and maintained properly, it is not an acceptable failure. The car idles for few seconds, and my driveway is full of oil.

- , Marionville, ON, canada

Dec 302011

Sebring GTC Convt 2.7L V6

I was told that I had an oil leak in two places (oil pan and timing belt cap) that made an absolute mess of my undercarriage, and the TSB had a 7-8 hour Chrysler only fix on it. There have been no oil puddles under my car and just two days earlier when up on a lift for an unrelated problem was complimented and saw for myself the surprising cleanliness of the undercarriage. Is there really an issue/ TSB for this or is the oil place ripping me off?

*Note to convertible owners: before your car goes up on a lift ensure that the roof latches has been released to prevent stretching of the roof and wrinkles.

- , Matthews, NC, USA