2005 Chrysler Sebring seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Chrysler Sebring:

2005 Chrysler Sebring Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Oct 202010

Sebring

The horn randomly begins honking. It occationally happens as I'm driving down the road. When the car is turned off it continues honking. It occationally begins when I push the button on the remote to open the locked doors. It will then suddenly stop honking, only to start again further down the road. The only way I can get it to stop while I'm driving is to push hard on the center of the steering wheel with one hand while I steer with the other hand. This is a major safety hazard. I took it to the local repair shop. The mechanic told me that the problem is a switch in the steering wheel that controls the horn and the air bag. The switch costs around $500 and labor will cost about $500 more. Since I can't afford to pay that now, the technician suggested I remove the relay for the horn. He told me that would stop the horn from honking, but also disable the air bag. So now I am driving without a horn and without an airbag. This is also a major safety concern.

- Amery, WI, USA

Jul 032010

Sebring

I purchased a used 2005 sebring in May 2010 shortly after around July the first week the air bag light came on and now it is a nagging problem it goes on for awhile and then goes off for awhile is this a safety problem driving with no air bag please tell me if it is still under warranty can I take it back to the dealer for repair.

- Bx New York, NY, USA

Nov 042005

Sebring

┐all computer electrical systems periodically, sporadically shut down completely: Electrical circuit failure ┐I am trapped, locked in my car with no safety, dash, window or temperature controls ┐at night, my headlights flicker then go out 'steering/upper control arm appears to be cracked ┐transmission doesn't shift, it slams into gear at ten miles per hour or 50 miles P/H 'something in the undercarriage is snapping loudly when turning or going over speed bumps, something in steering column ┐driving over speed bumps: The front and rear loudly creak and groan ┐air bag light sporadically stays on┐then off┐then on again ┐engine light sporadically comes on┐then off┐then on again ┐runs like a truck, chugs, rattles ┐cylinder one misfire at 45K. These are platinum plugs which do not require changing until 100K ┐coolant housing cracked causing coolant gauge to approach red zone and require replacement. Chrysler was aware of this problem but did not notify owner of recall item. My cost: $200 ┐driver's window shudders when rolling up and down.

- Laguna Niguel, CA, USA

Jul 212009

Sebring

The contact owns a 2005 Chrysler Sebring touring. While driving approximately 40 mph she had difficulty steering. The steering column also turned upside down while driving. The failure occurred intermittently at first, but then became progressively worst over a period of time. Although she experienced an identical failure, her vehicle identification number was excluded from recall number 04V579000 (steering:linkages:knuckle:spindle:arm). The "air bag" warning indicator was illuminated on the instrument panel. The failure mileage was 116,000. The current mileage was 117,000.

- Midlothian, TX, USA

Aug 132008

Sebring

We have 2 2005 Chrysler Sebring convertibles in the family and both of them have an airbag warning light on. Previously our horn would go off sporadically but the dealer repaired it. Is there a recall on the problem with the airbag warning lights?

- Lancaster, NY, USA

May 032008

Sebring 6-cyl

My horn has started going off for no reason. It will not work when I press on it, but will sound itself at any time during the day or night. The lights on my stereo have been flickering, and the components on the steering wheel (such as the stereo volume and crust control) will turn themselves on and off or up and down. The car has also had problems shifting into gears like it is supposed to. I have only had the car for a year this month, and I have had nothing but problems with it. When I have had it looked at, I am told there is nothing wrong with it. I know it is not normal for the horn to sound off like it does, and for the stereo controls on the steering wheel to turn the volume up or down without anyone pressing on the buttons like they do. I read another persons report about the airbag system that is very similar to my problems, and I feel like the manufacture should be responsible to fix these problems. If I would have known that this car would end up with problems like this, I never would have bought it!

- Provo, UT, USA

Mar 282007

Sebring 6-cyl

I have a 2005 Chrysler Sebring that I purchased used. Around the end of March of this year the horn started blowing intermittently. I took it to a Chrysler dealership and they said they found nothing. On April 8, 2007 my horn started going off again. This continued for that entire week the horn would blow even during the middle of the night disturbing myself and my neighbors. I took the car back to Chrysler and was told the horn pad and airbag needed to be replaced for $730. After letting my car sit at the dealership for over a week I had to call Chrysler myself to find out that the part was backordered. Had I not called, I never would have been notified. Due to such a lack of customer service I took my car back. I emailed Chrysler and told them I should not be responsible for a defective horn and it should be recalled. Their response was of no help at all. I am also getting the brakes done frequently, and now my driver's side window is stuck it will not roll up. I have gone onto the Chrysler website and entered my VIN number for a recall search but they find nothing. I still feel there is something wrong with my car. A two year old car should not have this many issues.

- New Brunswick, NJ, USA

Mar 242007

Sebring 6-cyl

When driving my 2005 Chrysler sebring conv/GT the horn started blowing. I had to repeatedly punch the steering wheel until it stopped. It has happened several times. Took it to the dealer, and they told me it wasthe air bag, and it was not covered by extended warranty. They want $750. 00 to fix the problem. I have no horn, except when it wants to work, and no airbag in a gray 2-door convertible - scary. The carwas unsafe to drive.

- Runnemede, NJ, USA