3.1

2006 Chrysler Sebring seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Chrysler Sebring:

2006 Chrysler Sebring Owner Comments

Mar 212011

Sebring 6-cyl

In March or so of 2011, while driving, all of a sudden my horn just goes off for no reason whatsover and would not stop. I took it to a local mechanic and was informed that its a factory problem with the clockspring. This part however is attached to the air bag assembly & to replace it, the entire air bag assembly must be also replaced which is over $600 just for the part & another $1000 for labor. My only option was to completely disconnect the air bag assembly as its the only way to stop the horn. So now I have to drive the car without the air bag system. This is a direct safety defect!! I spoke with a Chrysler rep & they informed me that they had never heard of this problem with that years model, even though there are sooo many complaints online all over the usa about it... how can this not be a safety recall"?" I will never buy another Chrysler!!

- Killeen, TX, USA