2007 Chrysler Sebring engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Chrysler Sebring:

2007 Chrysler Sebring Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Feb 252016

Sebring

The contact owns a 2007 Chrysler Sebring. The contact stated that the vehicle experienced a loss of power and the check engine warning indicator illuminated. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic, but the failure could not be diagnosed. The vehicle was not repaired. The contact referenced NHTSA campaign number: 08V152000 (electrical system); however, the VIN was not included. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 93,000.

- Shawnee, KS, USA

Feb 222016

Sebring

The contact owns a 2007 Chrysler Sebring. While driving 60 mph, the vehicle failed to accelerate when the accelerator pedal was depressed. In addition, the vehicle stalled and the check engine warning light illuminated. The failure occurred constantly. The vehicle was not diagnosed nor repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was unknown.

- Ypsilanti, MI, USA

Mar 082016

Sebring

In the past 3 years that I have owned this vehicle each time is rains and/or humid my car would stall. I took it to 6 different mechanic shops as well as to Chrysler dealer near parma, oh (this was done in the span of three years). Unfortunately no one was able to find or to fix the problem. It seems quite dangerous as my car would stall as it is running, while I am driving (talk about unsafe). I noticed that the issue would surface when it is raining and/or very humid outside. My car would start to loose power, a bit of a engine hiccup, and then as I approach a stop or red light, the car would stall completely. Which means I need to put it in park, and restart the engine. Chrysler dealer checked it and said there is "no issues" but any time it rains I have this problem. Also they checked the computer and replaced some other recalled item, and computer does not show any errors. How can one drive a car that unpredictably stalls and no one, even the dealer, is able to locate and fix the problem?

- Parma, OH, USA

Feb 052015

Sebring

The contact owns a 2007 Chrysler Sebring. The contact stated that the tire pressure monitor light illuminated and the engine stalled. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The failure mileage was 144,000.

- Charlotte, NC, USA

Oct 082015

Sebring

The contact owns a 2007 Chrysler 200. The contact stated that while at a stop light, the engine coolant temperature warning indicator illuminated and black smoke emitted from under the hood. The failure recurred on other occasion. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 90,000.

- Waldorf, MD, USA

Jun 072015

Sebring

The contact owns a 2007 Chrysler Sebring. While driving at 25 mph, the vehicle stalled and the check engine warning light illuminated. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic where the contact was informed that the crank position sensor and the electronic control needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired however, the failure recurred. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 101,529.

- Riverdale, GA, USA

Mar 052015

Sebring

The contact owns a 2007 Chrysler Sebring. The contact stated that the air bag warning light illuminated several times. The failure recurred on numerous occasions. The vehicle was taken to the dealer three times where unknown repairs were performed. The failure recurred. The contact also stated that the key would not turn over to start the engine, which was a recurring failure. The vehicle was towed to the dealer several times where unknown repairs were made but the failure recurred. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 49,000.

- Miami, FL, USA

Nov 242014

Sebring

While going 65 mph, the electronic throttle control sensor light came on and the vehicle began to lose power. It felt as though the gas pedal was not working and the speed dropped to about 30mph. After restarting the veh. The problem would correct itself for awhile. But eventually that no longer worked, and I had a mechanic replace the gas pedal. This too did not correct the problem. So when we drive it, at any time, the power deaccelerates and the vehicle slows way down. It also seems like it is not shifting into overdrive and revs at a high RPM.

- Antigo, WI, USA

Dec 162014

Sebring

The contact owns a 2007 Chrysler Sebring. The contact stated that while driving at 20 mph, the engine stalled. The contact mentioned that there was a leak of anti freeze coolant fluid and the cruise control had become inoperable. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic, who diagnosed that the alternator needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired but the problem recurred. The VIN was not available. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 90,000.

- Pawling, NY, USA

Jun 082011

Sebring 4-cyl

I purchased my car used 3 yrs ago. I paid if off this year. The ongoing troublesome issue is that the car stalls out unexpectedly- usually during wet weather. It has happened about 5 times or so. But, it has almost happened many more times...the car sputters and just about stalls out. Again, all during wet weather. I contacted the dealership where I purchased car after the 1st incident. They took the car and said I needed a new battery ; that it was being drained when I had wipers, heat, radio etc all on at once and that was why it stalled. I went with it. Well, it has stalled several times since. All while driving and very scary. The power steering goes out. Another thing that may or may not be related...is that the dash lights flicker on and off; also a safety issue. I will be driving and all of a sudden can't see my speedometer or anything. I think there is definitely an electrical issue. I see that there have been recalls related to the electrical system. I just don't know what to do. I think they should look into this.

- Funkstown, MD, USA

Dec 252014

Sebring 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Chrysler Sebring. The contact stated that while driving at approximately 20 mph, the engine stalled without warning. The vehicle was able to restart. The failure recurred multiple times. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 66,000. Updated 03/10/15 the consumer stated the vehicle sped up after a stop and crashed into another vehicle. The vehicle became difficult to control when it revved. The failure occurrs in rainy weather. Updated 10/8/2015

- Carlisle, PA, USA

Sep 302014

Sebring 4-cyl

Car turns off automatically at low speed. Brakes lock at the same time this happens. I took it back to dealer to get serviced, and they stated that nothing was found. The serviceman did tell me that he called the Chrysler Corp, and they told him they never heard of anything like this happening but on a forum on the internet, there are many complaints of this occurring. I told the man that it is a safety issue and how dangerous it is, and he agreed with me. This malfunction occurred two times already since I bought the car from the dealer. Fuccillo VW 2242 central avenue, schenectady, NY 12304 (518) 374-9161. My next issue is that I need sway bars. I brought the car back yesterday Dec 27, 2014, because as I was at a stop light, the light changed green, the transmission shifted gears at the same time I accelerated on the gas to go and I heard clicking for about a mile. The noise went away. I explained the problem to the serviceman and I was told that I need sway bars now. I just purchased the car in Sept of this year, and I'm so disappointed to encounter all these problems. My extended warranty does not cover the work. I also say that this has been wearing from the previous owner and I am not at fault, nor should I have to pay for the work. I seriously do not even want this car anymore, and I am paying for it monthly from a loan they gave me from capital one financing. This is chaos, and has exacerbated my illness of having Ms. I was duped. Please help.

- Albany, NY, USA

Aug 142012

Sebring 4-cyl

The instrument panel light that illuminates the speedometer and other gauges works randomly. Airbag warning light illuminates and the warning bell sounds at random times. Engine stalls when stopping and starting in wet weather.

- Lexington, NC, USA

Jul 062012

Sebring

The contact owns a 2007 Chrysler Sebring. The contact indicated that while approaching a stop sign, the vehicle stalled multiple times. The contact stated that after making several attempts, the vehicle restarted. The contact indicated that the air bag and various sensors illuminated on the instrument panel. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic. The technician replaced the battery and was not able to replicate or diagnosed the failure. The failure recurred. In addition, the contact stated that burning fumes emitted in and around the vehicle after the battery was replaced. The contact was made aware that the vehicle was not included in recall NHTSA campaign id number: 08V152000 (electrical system), NHTSA campaign id number: 07V240000 (air bags) and NHTSA campaign id number: 07V473000 (engine and engine cooling). The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 60,000.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Jun 092014

Sebring 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Chrysler Sebring. While driving 45 mph, the vehicle stalled and the entire instrument panel illuminated. The dealer stated that the fuel pump and electrical module needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired and the manufacturer was notified. The approximate failure mileage was 170,000. Updated 10/23/2014 updated 05/21/2015

- Ypsilanti, MI, USA

Aug 082013

Sebring 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Chrysler Sebring. When the contact started the vehicle, the engine warning indicator remained illuminated. The dealer stated that the engine's fifth cylinder was faulty and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired and the manufacturer was notified. The approximate failure mileage was 75,000...updated 0828-14 updated 09/16/2014

- Fall River , MA, USA

Jun 252014

Sebring

Traveling at 60 mph the etc light begins to flash and the vehicle will not accelerate, although rpms increase significantly. This happens many times going downhill. Dealer was never able to repair. Resets if car is restarted, but this is not safe traveling at 60mph on the highway in traffic.

- Aiea, HI, USA

Jun 052014

Sebring 4-cyl

Car wont cut off. When turned off and key is removed car continue to run. Turning key too off position and removing the key will not turn off car, and there is no way to stop car from running battery is located under car on wheel well.

- Dearborn Heights, MI, USA

Jun 012011

Sebring 4-cyl

Car has tmps and airbag lights constantly coming on for no reason - they stay on for days or weeks and then shut off. Both chrylser and independent mechanic have never been able to diagnose. Also, engine will lose all power while in operation at both freeway speeds and low residential speeds along with auto-start randomly not working. Chrysler and independent mechanic were not able to diagnose. Tried replacing alternator and still happened. Replaced crank shaft sensor after looking at online forums of similar stores from other Chrysler Sebring owners and still occasionally happens. Airbag light is now back on for no reason... again. I know GM has been having numerous recalls yet mine has never been included in recalls for both my model and other makes/models having these issues. It is incredibly scary driving speeds of 75mph to lose all power. I have to pull brake, put the car in park and shut off/restart. I am constantly fearful of it happening and getting into a crash that could be fatal.

- La Mesa, CA, USA

Dec 012013

Sebring

The contact owns a 2007 Chrysler Sebring. The contact stated that the headlights, interior lights and dashboard lights would sporadically flash. The dealer replaced the multifunction switch several times however, the failure was not corrected. The contact also stated that the vehicle intermittently stalled without warning. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure and current mileage was 45,771.

- Saint Petersburg , FL, USA