2007 Chrysler Sebring miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Chrysler Sebring:

2007 Chrysler Sebring Owner Comments

Mar 262015

Takata recall my etc light flashes and you cant accelerate the only way to get it to go off is turn car off then back on. I've put new throttle body and ECM on it but still have the problem. Help if you have any advice

- Ranger, TX, USA

Oct 162014

Air bag indicator light constantly beeps and stays on for periods of time. When I'm on the on-ramp entering a highway and driving in a curve the brake indicator light comes on. Sometimes it comes on while driving on a flat surface. Since I've had this car, the right front tire pressure has never read. It just reads -- where the number should be. I have had to replace my crank position sensor twice. I lost acceleration while driving.the second time I had to replace the electrical throttle something (etc) as well. Now it is out a 3rd time. Luckily I was in my driveway this time! please recall!

- Riverdale, GA, USA

Jun 122007

Sebring 6-cyl

The 2007 Chrysler Sebring touring car was listed in the consumer magazines as having a steering and driving feel issue. It tends to make you over correct left and right. It is very hard to drive and is dangerous to drive on slippery, rain, wet, light snow surfaces. On dry surfaces there is already the issue of trying to go straight without overcorrecting. There a lack of road feel and plenty of body roll like a 1970 or 1980 Mercedes. I own a 2007 2.7 touring 6 cylinder Chrysler Sebring now for 4 years and I have had the same issues from the first day I bought it new. The dealers say they can not find anything wrong with it. Why in 2007 the consumer magazine who tested the cars wrote it up as having a bad steering feel that they were uncomfortable with, and they were expert drivers. You can not control this car under safely under normal to light rain and light snow driving conditions. You have to slow down under the highway driving speed of 45mph, which can get you a ticket, on intersection speed of 55-60 mph. I have been driving for over 40 years with a very good driving record. I am surprised that a car like this would be sold to the public using old or outdated technology just for a profit no matter who gets hurt. When the transmission would not come out of park I was sent a recall from Chrysler and they fixed no fee. I have had wiring issues bulbs blowing and speedometer lights out so you can not see at night. Trouble with fuses and modules to be replaced. I had to at least notify someone on this website. I wasn't aware of this site and I am glad that you guys do the good work that you are doing.

- Illinois, IL, USA

Mar 142001

Multiple issues with this vehicle. The latest one is the most serious. A faulty ABS sensor cause the brakes to operate abnormally. The ABS light may come on then go off and (periodically goes on and off). Regardless of the light status, the ABS system randomly engages and does not allow the vehicle to stop in a safe manner. The ABS when engaged resists the driver from apply pressure to the brake pedal. The result is the car not stopping. Luckily I was going slow and there was no one around other wise there would have been an accident. The ABS light came on, resisted my braking force then went off and allow the brakes to engage as anticipated. The roads were normal, dry and free of debris/ loose fill. This happened twice over two days. On the second day I parked the car and let it sit until it's service date. The service department diagnosed a faulty sensor with code C1044. They said it was due to rust. First this is a 2007 car, second if rust on a sensor is going to inhibit normal braking then the part is defective and or the design is defective. I was lucky some one else is not going to be. ABS is designed to pump the brakes under certain conditions. I'm sure normal driving at 25 mph on a dry normal surface isn't one of them. Even if the ABS fails the operator should still be able to stop the car by applying manual force to the brake petal. This failure does not allow effective use of the brakes! second issue is the lights (both interior and exterior dimming) with audible surges in the climate control blower. The dealer says this is due to my remote starter even though this issue has been occurring well before the remote starter was involved. Third issue is the rear window repeatedly coming out of track there were other issues with the brakes rotors warping and brake light coming on, gas cap light coming on, tire sensors

- Kingston, PA, USA

Mar 252011

I have a 2007 Chrysler Sebring. While I was driving to work, the car idled down and was about to cut off, as when I stopped on a red light the car completely shut off. I had to turn the ignition key to "off" and turned it back on. Also, the airbag light keeps coming on and off. What is wrong!" any recalls on these yet"

- Jacksonville, FL, USA

Feb 012011

Fax from congressman following up on a July 2010 letter on behalf of constituent re Chrysler recalls (2007 Chrysler Sebring)-respond to birmingham, al office. The consumer stated there were six recalls related to the vehicle. However, when he contacted the manufacturer, he was informed the recalls did not apply to his vehicle identification number.

- Birmingham, AL, USA