2007 Chrysler Sebring seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Chrysler Sebring:

2007 Chrysler Sebring Owner Comments (Page 1 of 3)

Jul 012012

Sebring

The air bag light for passage seat do not go off when starting vehicle.

- Killeen, TX, USA

Oct 082016

Sebring

Air bag light has come on intermittently for the last 3 years. Taken to several independent mechanics with no reason identified or resolution. Well today the light kept illuminating and dinging while running errands. Unusual amount of times so much so it caused some concern. I was in motion approaching a stop sign, almost home and the drivers side side air bag deployed & burst for no reason. Thank god I was uninjured but that was dangerous and scary! now I have a damaged drivers side seat.

- Winston Salem, NC, USA

Jul 022016

Sebring

Air bag light comes on and goes off when ever it wants. Some times it stays on a long time. Usually happens when I hit breaks or a bump in the road. Seat feels loose some times. And wish I could have fixed by Chrysler. I hope some day they step up and fix this issue before someone gets hurt not knowing if air bag will work sucks.

- Lapeer, MI, USA

Jun 072016

Sebring

The contact owns a 2007 Chrysler Sebring. The contact stated that the air bag warning indicator illuminated intermittently. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 168,000. The VIN was unavailable.

- North Peakin, IL, USA

Apr 202016

Sebring

The contact owns a 2007 Chrysler Sebring. The contact stated that the air bag light remained illuminated. The VIN was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 07V240000 (air bags). The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was not available.

- Sulligent, AL, USA

Oct 012015

Sebring

Takata recall: My air bag light stays on at all times when car is started. It has been doing this for several months (will not go off). When I reported it they said there were no recalls and I had to get it repaired myself. There has not been an accident but dont know why it is on. My vehicle was not on the recall list. Hope nothing happens.

- Columbus, OH, USA

Nov 102015

Sebring

Our car air bag light / sensor goes on for no apparent reason. Our brake light / sensor goes on for no apparent reason both items happen when car is in operation

- Cibolo, TX, USA

Jun 252014

Sebring

The contact owns a 2007 Chrysler Sebring. When the contact started the vehicle, the driver side air bag warning indicator illuminated intermittently. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic for diagnostic testing. The technician was unable to locate the failure. The manufacturer was not notified. The approximate failure mileage was 70,000. The VIN was unavailable.

- Oakland, NJ, USA

Oct 162014

Sebring

Air bag indicator light constantly beeps and stays on for periods of time. When I'm on the on-ramp entering a highway and driving in a curve the brake indicator light comes on. Sometimes it comes on while driving on a flat surface. Since I've had this car, the right front tire pressure has never read. It just reads -- where the number should be. I have had to replace my crank position sensor twice. I lost acceleration while driving.the second time I had to replace the electrical throttle something (etc) as well. Now it is out a 3rd time. Luckily I was in my driveway this time! please recall!

- Riverdale, GA, USA

Jun 082015

Sebring

Air bag light comes on. This should be recalled because of numerous complaints.

- Kennesaw, GA, USA

Mar 052015

Sebring

The contact owns a 2007 Chrysler Sebring. The contact stated that the air bag warning light illuminated several times. The failure recurred on numerous occasions. The vehicle was taken to the dealer three times where unknown repairs were performed. The failure recurred. The contact also stated that the key would not turn over to start the engine, which was a recurring failure. The vehicle was towed to the dealer several times where unknown repairs were made but the failure recurred. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 49,000.

- Miami, FL, USA

Jul 202015

Sebring

The air bag light stays on all the time, the crystler dealership says it would take a lot to fix it and it needs a recall. I have seen several people complaining about this issue on the Sebring. Mine is the touring edition. Could you please consider a recall or fix for this

- Moorefield, WV, USA

Jun 032015

Sebring

Airbag light on continuous.

- Somerset, NJ, USA

Jan 032011

Sebring

Air bag light came on and stays on. Upon calling company it will take several thousand dollars to repair as it is a common problem in the steering column. Sure enough, common enough that there is indeed a recall on this - but only in certain states!!! I am in Arkansas, the states are directly to the South of me, tx, al, ms etc... how crazy is that" it is a defect, but only in a couple states?? even though my VIN number is right in there??" I got this information by calling the recall hot line... yes, if my car was in the recall states, it would be paid for...very shaddy

- Russellville , AR, USA

Sep 112014

Sebring

On the way to the hospital because the passenger was having a asthma attack and the driver and passenger had to get there son something to eat and the passenger started choking more because of the food was cooked in peanut oil and it was another car on the side of us and made us go off the road and sent the passenger all the way into a asthma exacerbation and a bronchitis exacerbation and the car crashed and the air bags did not deploy the driver, the passenger and there son was taking to skyline hospital and the driver and there son was released from the hospital while the passenger had to stay for a week at skyline hospital from the asthma and bronchitis exacerbation and a bruise left side.

- Hermitage, TN, USA

Sep 112014

- Hermitage, TN, USA

May 042012

Sebring 4-cyl

2007 Chrysler Sebring defect seat belt did not hold me nor did my air bag deploy. I am still seriously injured because a high speeding drunk truck driver hit my car. I been receiving treatments for my injuries and still is. I cannot work because of this. It is time for the maker which is Chrysler to take responsibility and compensation for me because I am still receiving treatment today and had surgery since the bad car wreck I was in 2012.

- Littlerock, AR, USA

Aug 142012

Sebring 4-cyl

The instrument panel light that illuminates the speedometer and other gauges works randomly. Airbag warning light illuminates and the warning bell sounds at random times. Engine stalls when stopping and starting in wet weather.

- Lexington, NC, USA

Sep 242008

Sebring 6-cyl

I purchased my vehicle from a local dealer and shortly after the air bag light came on intermittently. I brought it to the dealers numerous times for repair. To this day the air light still comes on. The last time I spoke to the dealer about it they said they repaired it and it was to long ago to be under warranty. I explained that the problem was never resolved because every time they attempted to fix the problem the light would always come back on. Sometimes it would be off for days to months but it always comes back on. They refused to look at it again without charging me a diagnostic charge.

- Westfield, MA, USA

Oct 032014

Sebring

My airbag light keeps coming on depending on the position of the passenger seat. It came on the beginning of the month and I took it to the used car place I bought it from and they don't know what they are doing there so I took it home and was playing with the seat and if the seat is pushed back the light goes on but if it is forward the light comes on. Sometimes it takes a minute or you will start driving and it pops on. What should I do?

- Maple Hts, OH, USA