2008 Chrysler Sebring engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Chrysler Sebring:

2008 Chrysler Sebring Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Oct 022011

Sebring 6-cyl

My accelerator has been sticking and begin not long after I bought the car used in 2010. I thought at first it was the car mat getting in the way but that was not the case this last time on Sunday October 2,2011. I was pulling into parking space and had my foot off the accelerator when the car accelerated on its own and I hit the cement curb which was taller than most. There was substantial damage to the lower passenger side of the car. I was able to slam on the brakes getting it to stop before further damage. My daughter was in the car with me but no one was injured. If the curb would not have been tall the car would have more and likely jumped it and ran into building, but because of height of it this did not happen. I then got out and inspected the damage which was less than I thought it would be and no air bags disbursed.

- Kokomo, IN, USA

Mar 112011

The contact owns a 2008 Chrysler Sebring. The contact stated that the driver was slowly entering a store parking area when the accelerator pedal became stuck in open throttle position. The driver was unable to stop the acceleration and crashed into two poles. The driver was injured and a police report filed. The contact called the manufacturer who offered no assistance. The vehicle was not repaired. The current and failure mileage was approximately 33,000.

- Morgan, GA, USA

Jun 042010

I was driving my car along the freeway and all of a sudden the car began to accelerate. I was unable to stop. I ended up in a ditch and crashing into some trees and I lost three of my fingers. I was driving a 2008 Chrysler Sebring. I need any information concerning any recalls or defects regarding this vehicle. Thank you.

- Canton, MI, USA

Mar 152010

I have an 08 Chrysler Sebring. My electronic throttle control light comes on randomly, and within 5 seconds, my car stalls. I've taken it to two dealerships, they can't figure out what is causing this defect. This is not safe! once when it stalled, I couldn't pull over because there was no shoulder. I pulled over in the little triangle area between merging traffic. On a trip from il to va, I had to restart my car 7 times. One dealership replaced the map sensor, this didn't help at all. The other dealership told me there was nothing they could do, since there were no stored codes and they couldn't duplicate the problem.

- Virginia Beach, VA, USA

Oct 012008

Sebring 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2008 Chrysler Sebring. A month after purchasing the vehicle, the contact noticed that the vehicle would vibrate when shifting gears at 20-40 mph. When the brake pedal was depressed, the vehicle would accelerate on its own. The vehicle was driven to the dealer on several occasions, but the mechanic could not duplicate the failure. The mechanic performed diagnostic testing as well and was informed that there was no defect. Recently, while idling at a stop sign, the vehicle inadvertently accelerated and almost caused a rear end crash. The dealer was notified and they stated that they were not liable for the repairs because they could not duplicate the failure. The manufacturer was notified and they informed her that they would replace the vehicle, but only if she paid twenty-five cents per mile. The current mileage was 14,500 and failure mileage was 2,800. Updated 2/17/09 updated 02/19/09.

- Chatham, IL, USA