2008 Chrysler Sebring miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Chrysler Sebring:

2008 Chrysler Sebring Owner Comments

Aug 022016

Sebring

Passenger window exploded in the door while touching control button for window to open to ask directions. Had to travel by myself to Mexico 300 miles away and had to drive all the way back to las vegas with no window. The driver's side window did the same exact thing last summer in 2015. Called fca customer assistance center everyday for a week now and they told me my case was being escalated to a case manager. They would not help me. All I want is for Chrysler to pay for the repair of my defective window. I called 1-800-992-1997. They call themselves fca customer assistance center. They were a waste of my time and effort. Last window on driver's side did the very same thing. I want satisfaction!!! I want the window repaired by chyrsler on them as I repaired my last window blowout. Can any one suggest some help as I really need it today and even last week? I'm afraid of driving my own car. Chyrslers should either bring their windows up to new standards (electrically) or not sell any to people who live in the desert. They are not safe!!! this car is always garaged and has low mileage as I worked close to home. What's this world coming to" who's out there to help me" chyrsler sure is not!!! only god!!!!!!!!! I stopped for directions on this last window explosion, but the other window I was driving to the hospital without stopping.

- Las Vegas, NV, USA

Jan 122016

Sebring

I bought the car 1/02/2016 2 weeks later I am in motion I put my foot on the brake at a red light it takes off on its own, cuts off when I make a stop

- Piscataway, NJ, USA

Apr 172016

Sebring

Takata recall. During the course of a year since I've purchased this car, I have experienced issues with what I believe to be power steering. Twice while coming to a stop (stop sign or light), my steering would lock along with my brakes. When I took it to a shop I was told my thermostat needed replaced. I told them to fix the issue. On April 17th while driving home from work a little after midnight this same issue occurred only while I was still driving. I was able to force my wheel to turn enough to drive up the bend I was driving around rather than the school in front of me. Finally I hit a pole and my car has been ruled as a total loss. I have many concerns in regards to what actually happened and why.

- Johnstown, PA, USA

Mar 042016

Sebring

I brought my car in 2009. My lights have blinked from the start. On August 11, 2015, I drove 1 hour and 17 minutes 59.5 miles in moderate traffic. I arrived at Agency. I exited the car. About 5 minutes later, I returned to my 2008 Chrysler Sebring and entered my car. I started the car as normal applying the brakes while shifting gears and put my car in reverse with acceleration. As my car was in motion the car dangerously shut off in the middle of the busy road and I had to apply the brakes quickly while rolling and in motion. My dad and I put a diagnostic on the car and it read a code. We checked the potential problems. The only problem was the transmission fluid. We refilled the transmission fluid. On March 4, 2016, I drove 51 minutes 33.4 miles in moderate to heavy traffic. I arrived to a military location. I exited the car. About 3 minutes later, I returned to my 2008 Chrysler Sebring and entered my car. I started the car as normal applying the brakes while shifting gears and put my car in reverse with acceleration. As my car was in motion the car dangerously shut off in the middle of the busy road and I had to apply the brakes quickly while rolling and in motion. As my car was in motion the car dangerously shut off. My dad and I checked the transmission fluid and the transmission fluid seemed okay this time. The 2008 Chrysler Sebring dangerously shuts off while rolling and in motion. No light stays on during the duration of the trips to warn me of anything that may be malfunctioning. The 2008 Chrysler Sebring shuts off with no warning while in motion. After it shuts off while in motion the malfunction indicator light comes on and it goes off. I called the dealership that I had been taking my car in for service since I brought it. The Chrysler dealership has expressed uncertainty about finding the problem. I spoke with corporate with my VIN and they did not help.

- Bowie, MD, USA

Sep 012014

Sebring

I was driving down the road and I got a warning on my dashboard that said the convertible top was in operation. I was on the freeway driving 60 mph (approximately). All of the sudden the top started to open (it is a hard-top convertible) - it froze in midair because the trunk compartment was not prepared for the top to go into it and the trunk lid would not open because the car was in motion. When the top froze in the "up in the air" position, it did something to the motors. I had to have it towed to the dealership - they were able to get the top back down (manually) and then they set it so it was permanently closed until repairs could be made. Unfortunately, I do not have the money to get it repaired - about 600 dollars and I would not anyway, because it malfunctioned - it was not user error. The equipment completely failed. Is this on any type of a recall that would allow my car to be fixed and covered by the manufacturer?

- Salem, OR, USA

Jun 262013

Sebring 6-cyl

So far my 2008 Sebring has turned off while driving twice. I was slowing down from 30mph for a stop light and it turned off and was luckily able to utilize the brakes if not I would have rear ended the vehicle in front of me, but as for the steering, it was unresponsive. However, I turned my car back on as if nothing happen until the second time it stalled while turning into my street. Same issue occurred (no steering, but brakes were ok.)car stalls once again good thing my car turns back on immediately. Its was dangerous only for the fact that oncoming traffic would be unable to see me stalled there because road forms a hill over the canal, since soon after I went passed over the canal my street entrance is more or less 20ft from the canal, it could be a blind spot.

- Alton, TX, USA

May 292013

Sebring 6-cyl

When raising or lowering the top it would malfunction (some where between completely up or down) and remain in that state sometimes for hours, local towing services refuse to Transport the vehicle to a nearby dealership out of fear they would do more damage to it. Since purchasing the vehicle (2007) we've had it serviced (Sep' 2007, Jul' 2010, and Sep' 2011) at different dealerships for the same problem; each time they assured us that the problem had been corrected. Most recently (May 29th) we again had the vehicle in for service, for the same problem. As before, the rear window panel (right side) has dropped several inches, the top is inoperative, and a strap that attaches to the underside of the top has broken and hangs down into the cradle. As royal protection plan has expired, the dealership has projected my out-of-pocket repair costs, this time, to exceed $1,015. We have not been able to determine if a recall has been issued for this recurring problem.

- Albuquerque, NM, USA