CarComplaints.com Notes: After a horrific run of complaints and headaches, Chrysler introduced its 3rd generation Sebring starting with the 2007 model year. While there was a bit of complaint carryover, things eventually settled down and in 2009 the Sebring became one of the least complained about cars we have on record that model year. I know, it shocks us too.

If you’re shopping for a used car you could do better than a 2009 Sebring. But the fact of the matter is you could also do worse. A lot worse. And for that reason we gave this car our “Seal of Pretty Good.”

2009 Chrysler Sebring brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Chrysler Sebring:

2009 Chrysler Sebring Owner Comments

Oct 132016

Sebring

I was in a car accident yesterday.the brakes locked up on me.the steering wheel jerked & got stuck.I ended up htting 2 cars.I knew nothing about a recall.I've only had this car for 5 months.I have to loook online to find out there was a recall.I wnna know what is gonna be done about my situation?I'm very upset.

- Coolumbus, OH, USA

Jul 222011

Sebring

On my way home from work on Friday June 22nd, the car was running very rough and I had trouble braking. On Monday June 25. I had been at a stoplight. When the light turned green I accelerated and when I was at about 25 mph I stepped on the gas pedal, and had trouble gaining speed and the control light came on. I turned on my flashers and made it to a mechanic, but by that time the light had gone off. Every mechanic I have talked to tells me they can not determine the problem is and fix it unless the light is on when I bring in the car. When the light is on I have trouble accelerating and braking is very hard. This has happened numerous times and I believe this is a safety hazard and could cause serious accidents. I don't know what to do to get this fixed - no one seems to want to deal with this.

- Madison, WI, USA

Mar 212012

Sebring

The contact owns a 2009 Chrysler Sebring. The contact stated that while driving 20 mph and approaching a stop, the brake pedal could not be properly depressed. The contact stated that the pedal felt as if something were lodged beneath the pedal. The vehicle was taken to the dealer, but they stated that nothing was wrong with the vehicle. The manufacturer was not contacted. The failure mileage was 38,000 and the current mileage was 48,199.

- Dalzell , SC, USA