8.0

2010 Chrysler Sebring accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Chrysler Sebring:

2010 Chrysler Sebring Owner Comments

May 052010

Sebring

I checked the box for Sebring, buti have a 2010 PT CRUISER. Their was no option for PT CRUISER. I purchased the car 2/25/2010. It has a defective driver seat. Side of seat keeps breaking. Numerous patch repairs have been made by the dealership from may to today--9/17/2010. At one time the seat moved forward and my knees were locked against the steering column and the seat would not move back. Car has a power seat. Most of the patch repairs only lasted for 2- 3 weeks. Seat clips, side mounting stand, seat cushion, cover have all been replaced at least twice. Clips have been replaced numerous times. Dealership says problem is a design flaw, and that they have seen several PT CRUISER with the problem. I asked repeatedly for a new driver seat. Two weeks ago, I took my complaint to Chrysler service and they refused to authorize a new seat. Dealership told me that the seat does not come as a single replacement unit, and that all parts would need to be replaced to build me a new seat bottom. The dealership finally agreed today to do this. In calling Chrysler on a follow up today, chyrsler informed me that repairs would not be reimbursed to the dealership unless the dealership could justify all the parts were broken. The car is currently under warranty...about 10,500 miles. I have not paid for any repairs, but it is a big inconvenience (and I think a safety hazard). Dealership says Chrysler needs to make a design modification. I have owned 5 PT CRUISER. This is the only one that has been troublesome. I have photos of the breakdown. I am losing patience and trust in the company. I am considering pursuing lemon law rights.

- Lafayette, IN, USA