6.7

1996 Chrysler Town & Country engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1996 Chrysler Town & Country:

1996 Chrysler Town & Country Owner Comments

Jun 272011

Town & Country 3.8L

I was receiving a po300 code random misfire, it kept on happening since May.

It was getting worse so I changed plugs/wires, and fuel filter. But, it came back worse, it stalls when driving occasionally, it loses power then jumps back up with power. Today it even was cranking over as if it was dead winter, battery ended up being junk, so I changed it. It starts right up now, but its defiantly running rough then it stalled coming to a stop. I'm so pissed I don't know what to do next , EGR, IGNITION PACK, CAM SHAFT SENSOR, help!!!! THIS SUCKS, I RELY SO MUCH ON THIS VAN..ANY ANSWERS????

- , Meriden, CT, USA

Jan 102007

Town & Country

We lose power after the car is warm. We will be driving along and all of a sudden it is sputtering and misfiring. We tried to have it repaired and were told the computer was bad and telling the it to misfire. We spent $1000.00 to have a new "brain" put in. It ran another 1000 miles or so and then it happened again. (It was a VERY dangerous situation highway traffic, pouring rain, no shoulder,...)

Did we get two bad brains? I'm looking for others that might KNOW what it is and what we need to do to fix it.

- , Nevada City, CA, USA

Nov 082004

Town & Country LX

OBDII SCANNER READS RANDOM/MULTIPLE CYLINDERS MISFIRING. BUT AFTER IT COOLS DOWN AN HOUR OR SO IT STARTS UP UNTIL IT HEATS UP WHILE DRIVING. WHAT IS WRONG? ANYONE KNOW?

- , Belle Center, OH, USA