6.7

1. replace condesner (4 reports)
  2. buy an extended warranty (1 reports)
2001 Chrysler Town & Country AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Chrysler Town & Country:

2001 Chrysler Town & Country Owner Comments

May 012008

Town & Country Limited 3.8L V6

compressor went bad and had to be replaced. That's it not sure what else you want me to type.

- , Tampa, FL, USA

Jan 202007

Town & Country LXI 3.3L V6

I have taken my vehicle in three times. First time they couldn't find the leak, so they used dye to locate the leak. The next day they found the leak.

Two days later, no cold air, so i take it in again. Ohh... it's just another leak. Fix done.

One day later, no cold air. Your compressor is shot (Chrysler). It's shooting metal shavings everywhere (mind you this is Chrysler fixing my vehicle). Now they want $1600.00 to fix this ** problem. I THINK THEY SHOULD FIX IT FREE. If they can't diagnose right, causing more problems, they should fix it.

- , Rancho Santa Margarita, CA, USA

Jun 272005

Town & Country LXI 3.8L V6

Really, the AC fails at 53K - so I can expect this every 53K now; i guess I am just lucky that now at 122K it is still running and making loud noises - must be the faulty bearings.....

- , Doylestown, PA, USA

Jul 122006

Town & Country LX

This piece of #%*^ has cost me $4550.00 out of pocket in the 5 yrs Ive owned it! Now they want $890.00 to replace the condenser for the AC. I cant PAY!!! I had a 78 Monte Carlo that had the original ice cold AC and never had a leak or a problem. CHRYSLER cant last 5 yrs?

- , Philadelphia, PA, USA

Dec 202004

Town & Country LE

why are there so many car's of chylser's a/c failing. is this intenional on there part? if i hadn't taken out the extended warranty it would have coat me 900.00 dollars. i had to pay 595. oo for the extended warranty.

3 year old car with 54,000 miles what lemon.

- , Orlando, FL, USA

Oct 182003

Town & Country LX

Do not buy a Chrysler Car. I have had both power windows fail, my condensor just failed and I believe there is a problem with the transmission. This is a 2001 with only 50,000 miles on it. Anyone want to pursue a class actions lawsuit against these crooks?

- , Wylie, TX, USA