3.7

2005 Chrysler Town & Country engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Chrysler Town & Country:

2005 Chrysler Town & Country Owner Comments

Nov 242008

Town & Country

Water pump broke, rack & pinion broke, thermostat.

- Perth Amboy , NJ, USA

Jul 102008

Town & Country

At 27,000 miles the A/C on my Chrysler Town and country failed - leak in rear evaportor core. The system will hold no refrigerant at all. The dealer, white plains Chrysler, 70 westchester ave., white plains, NY. Cannot get this part as it is on back order and will not be available for one month at least. There are several other of the same vehicles at the same dealership awaiting this part. This seems an unreasonable situation and one the manufacturer should address. The only explanation from the manufacturer was that this is a popular car! it looks like an extraordinary number of defects in this part as I research it on the internet. That this part will not be available until the summer is over is unreasonable. We are a retired couple and my husband has congestive heart failure and could not in any way be subject to the temperatures inside this vehicle. We are thus without transportation. We are "trapped" in our home for the entire summer. Why can't the manufacturer make this part available to the dealer in a more timely manner?

- Scarsdale, NY, USA

May 052008

Town & Country 6-cyl

We have a 2005 Town and country Chrysler mini-van with a rack and pinion leak, oil pan gasket leak, and front timing cover seals leak. All issues that have come up in numerous other vehicles of the same make and year. There should be a recall.

- Jackson, MI, USA

Jan 142008

Town & Country 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2005 Chrysler Town and country. While driving between 5-15 mph, the vehicle stalled while making a U turn. The contact restarted the vehicle and drove another 40-50 miles with no stalling. There were no warning indicators prior to the failure. The contact scheduled an appointment for the dealer to inspect the vehicle. The current and failure mileages were 30,000. Updated02-14-08 the dealer stated replaced the wiper assembly. Updated 02/14/08

- Deposit, NY, USA

May 102007

Town & Country

Started hearing bumping noises from front end. Took to repair shop. They replaced tie rod ends and swing arm bushings. Noise reduced, but stil bumping on acceleration. Returned, had to replace front top engine mount.

- Hope, ID, USA

Jun 052005

Town & Country 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2005 Chrysler Town and country. The contact stated that the steering wheel locked and an unfamiliar noise was heard while attempting to turn the steering wheel. There were no warning indicator lights. The vehicle was driven to a Chrysler dealer and liquid began pouring from the front end of the vehicle. The contact believes that the steering hose was replaced. Recently, the vehicle began to bounce and make a rattling noise. The vehicle was driven to a Chrysler dealer and the mechanic replaced the engine mount. The purchase date was unknown. The current mileage is 32,000 and failure mileage was 24,000.

- Portchester, NY, USA

Mar 012007

Town & Country

3/27/2007. 2005 Chrysler Town and country. Contact states that the vehicle lost power and the gears could not be changed and there was no control over the gas or brakes.

- Bethpage, NY, USA

Oct 092006

Town & Country 6-cyl

: the contact stated while driving various speeds the vehicle stalled without warning. The problem occurred on several occasions and each time the vehicle was maneuvered off the road and restarted. The vehicle was driven to the dealer where the problem could not be detected.

- Brooklyn, NY, USA

Jan 132006

Town & Country 6-cyl

1-reported vibration in steering wheel between 20-50 mph [2-possible exhaust leak, I was getting sleepy after 20-30 min drive time, I use recycle mode on A/C due to having asthma [ 3-reported noise from the muffler/exhaust area[4- A/C compressor makes a laboring noise [5-vibration and a growling noise in rear suspension, axle or transmission[6-transmission seems to slip or jerk into and out of gear between 15-45 mph. Service department could not duplicate any of my concerns but by the same token my mileage out was the same as my mileage in so I'm not sure it was even driven. Three[3] days later I came in and ask for someone to drive with me and the technician was able to hear the noise before we had gone a mile, at that time he thought is was just a loose spare tire but when I came back that afternoon I was told it was the catalytic converter but there was not one in town and as soon as it came in it would be repaired. It was supposedly order on Thursday Jan 19,2006 and received on Jan 26,2006. Catalytic converter was replaced on Jan 27,2006 as well as exhaust manifold gasket. [7-on this date I also reported on Jan 26,2006, when I was braking to slow down to turn right the car engine surged forward and almost lost control of car-nothing was listed on the service copy as cause or what was tested for the engine surging when braking.[8-rear brakes have crystallized and need to be replaced at my cost. Am getting other prices at this time.

- Bulverde, TX, USA