$2,054.00

1. rebuild transmission (3 reports)
2005 Chrysler Town & Country transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Chrysler Town & Country:

2005 Chrysler Town & Country Owner Comments

Mar 302009

Town & Country Touring V6

We have had several problems with our van to begin with. We bought it new and it has been a pain ever since, now the transmission has gone out. Chrysler will do nothing about it even though there are numerous complaints about this problem. If you have to buy a van, do not buy Chrysler or Dodge... buy Ford or Honda.

- , Berea, KY, USA

Jul 302008

Town & Country

Transmission failed at approximately 51,000 miles. Chrysler said because I didn't have vehicle repaired at the Chrysler dealer that I bought it from, they would not refund ANY of the money for the repair. Transmission tech showed me failed components and engineering flaw. Tech showed where transmission fluid can not easily get to planitaries and ceasing can (and did) happen. My estimation is that a recall would cripple Chrysler so they are just putting their head in the sand regarding the issue. when I told them I am going to tell everyone I know about this and tell the BBB they did not care. Gee I wonder why they need bail out money. NEVER BUY CHRYSLER!!!!!!!!!!! Or Dodge because they use the same transmission from what I am told.

- , Lisbon, CT, USA

Jun 082008

Town & Country

Engineering error on the fault of Chrysler. When I went and saw the transmission open in a million piece on the bench at the repair shop there were 3 other Chrysler transmissions being worked on at the same time by other mechanics. Then when I was leaving there was another Town and Country being taken off a flat bed being dropped off. The repair center primarily repairs transmissions so I am assuming it was same problem. This really was an EXPENSIVE lesson. I will be attempting to recoup some costs with Chrysler after I get the van back.

- , Lisbon, CT, USA