8.0

2006 Chrysler Town & Country accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Chrysler Town & Country:

2006 Chrysler Town & Country Owner Comments

Jul 082013

Town & Country Touring 3.6L

Within 2 weeks of each other, both of my Town and Country sliding doors stopped working! Super inconvenient since they are now SUPER heavy and the kids can not open or shut them on their own. We bought this vehicle because of the convenience of the automatic sliding doors and now our convenience has turned into HORRIBLE inconvenience! I call Chrysler and they can't do anything for me. A car that is 7 years old is turning into a hunk of junk! I took it in to the dealer and he pretty much said it is expensive to fix them. During the same month our passenger front seat stopped working also...unfortunately it happened when our middle seat was in the down position and we can't get it in the upright position again! This completely leaves a bad taste in my mouth for Chrysler vehicles. We never thought we would have to be thinking of purchasing another vehicle right now but this van is going to be very expensive to fix all the problems are are having. Oh, and the windshield wipers are not working properly also.

- , South St. Paul, Minnesota, USA

Oct 222010

Town & Country

Ok I have an 06 Town N Country. The lock on the back passenger door stopped working about a week ago. Today I go out to take my 3 kids to school and open the door with key fob but the door would not close even pulling it closed it would not latch. This is a big problem for me I have 5 kids and cant close the door on my Van. How are we supposed to go any where. Have seen this complaint several times. Cant take it to get looked at right now because I cant drive with the door open.

- , Powell, TN, USA

Jun 172009

Town & Country Touring

The power sliding door on the drivers side began to operate erratically. It would close all the way but the "stutter" while it was trying to latch. It would open half way and then decide to stop. It would decide not to work at all, but then start working fine. After about 9 months of this it stopped working entirely and only opens by hand.

On this car, it is much easier to list the few things that still worked after 60k miles than trying to list the multitude of things that stopped working by that point.

- , Mundelein, IL, USA