2006 Chrysler Town & Country accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Chrysler Town & Country:

2006 Chrysler Town & Country Owner Comments

Mar 222011

Town & Country

After stopping in my garage, I used the remote to unlock and open the rear driver side power sliding door. The door began to open, and I reached in to pick up my bag. The door caught suddenly and started to close quickly. I reached up with my right arm to stop the door from closing on me, which it did. I then tried to back out of the car in case the door suddenly closed again. The door caught again, this time slamming into my right cheek and causing a concussion. 10 days later, and I am still recovering. I don't know what to do to correct the problem, but I don't want others to face the same possibility of injury.

- Canton, GA, USA

Dec 282008

Town & Country

Our van started leaking several months ago and then recently it started making a whirring sound that increased with the engine RPM and when the wheels were turned. It also had a smell of something burning. I took the van to the Chrysler dealer we bought it from. They called to tell me that there were two separate leaks, the water pump and the power steering rack and both would need replacement. They also found the stabilizer links and bushings were worn out. Chrysler agreed to pay for parts but not labor. The van has 37K miles and the warranty had run out over the summer.

- Andersonville, TN, USA

May 222008

Town & Country

We purchased on 11/06/07 a used 2006 Town and country from VIN devers (419-885-5111) in toledo Ohio. We also bought a service contract and the 8 year 80K mile warranty as this vehicle would be our family car. We have three young children. The first time we used the ac (05/19/08) we discovered it didn't work. It only blew warm air. We called VIN devers and they said it was not covered so we tried another Chrysler dealership in the area. They too explained it was not covered. Both dealership advised not to take it to the other dealership. After several phone conversations with both dealerships and being totally confused we finally gave up and paid for the repairs ourselves. I later called Chrysler's service center in auburn hills and they explained the repairs should have been covered. I am now working with the service center to have the moneys refunded. This has been a total mess from the initial purchase of this vehicle and I would like some assistance. The repairs were for the rear evaporator coils and all new hoses and costed $670

- Northwood, OH, USA