2006 Chrysler Town & Country lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Chrysler Town & Country:

2006 Chrysler Town & Country Owner Comments (Page 2 of 3)

Dec 172013

Town & Country 6-cyl

When pulling out of a parking lot flames were seen in the side view mirror coming from the driver's side rear tail light. The plastic light encasing was kicked out and snow thrown on the flames. The blinkers, dash board light, and speedometer no longer work.

- Canandaigua, NY, USA

Feb 212012

Town & Country 6-cyl

My husband went out one evening to leave and turned the headlights on and they wouldn't come on he had to play with the switch. After that we have had nothing but problems. The headlights come on and off while driving down the road. There have been times I have had to pull over until they would come back on which has made me late for work. And now it's to the point that the running lights come on by themselves while the vehicle is parked and off.

- Gillett, PA, USA

Nov 082013

Town & Country 6-cyl

I turned on the headlights and they would not come on. I had to toggle the switch back and forth to get it to work. Spoke with several dealerships and they stated that there is no recall on this problem. If I were to hold the lever back, then the high beams would be on. This is a dangerous issue especially after I have been reading up on this problems with other families with the same type of vehicle. I have 7 children and I do not want to get out on the road and all of a sudden we can't see. Please help..

- Gary, IN, USA

May 152013

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2006 Chrysler Town and country. The contact stated that the head lights would randomly flicker while illuminated. There was a customer satisfaction campaign that could have been related to the failure however, the manufacturer stated that the VIN was not included in the manufacturer's campaign. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 115,000.

- Westchester, IL, USA

Oct 012013

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2006 Chrysler Town and country. The contact stated that while driving 60 mph at night, the headlights suddenly failed. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The contact called the manufacturer and filed a complaint regarding the failure. The failure mileage was 130,000.

- Losby, MD, USA

Sep 242013

Town & Country

The interior lights intermittently go on and off. The headlights fail to turn off even when switch is off, causing a dead battery if not noticed. Headlights suddenly turn off even though switch is on.

- Toledo, OH, USA

Jul 182013

Town & Country 6-cyl

While driving after dark the headlights turned off with no warning and would not come back on. The only way that we were able to get any headlights was to pull the turn signal lever back and hold it on high beam flash setting for 5 miles to home. This has happened before in the last month but we were able to get the lights to come back on by turning off the switch and turning it back on quickly a few times. That did not work this time and the headlights would not come back on at all for 3 days other than by pulling and holding the signal lever back. I searched the issue on the internet and found an ap article about this issue for my model year vehicle that stated this is a known issue to Chrysler caused by a faulty headlight switch and they would provide a lifetime guarantee on the headlight switch (, and that they would replace them free of charge to owner after they start having this problem. I contacted my local dealer regarding free replacement and they stated my VIN is not in the system for this guaranteed part replacement. I then contacted Chrysler regarding this repair and their response was the same as the local dealer, that there was nothing in their system for my VIN and this repair would not be covered. I am filing this complaint because this is a major safety issue, losing headlights after dark with no notice and I want to make sure that my problem is counted in your database. I am very unhappy with Chrysler's refusal to correct this issue and I will end up having to pay for this safety repair even though it has supposedly been resolved by Chrysler.

- Dallas, GA, USA

Mar 062008

Town & Country 6-cyl

During the past 4 years I have had to replace my turn signal light bulbs coutless times. I just thought that the bulbs burnt out not really questioning the frequency of replacentment. However, after realizing the sockets were being burnt out and replaceing the socket from the remaining ones available and had no more. I deceided to go to the dealership to buy new sockets for the rear lights that controled the turn signals and stop lights. I was told by the don-A-vee chry dealership that the only way to replace was to buy the whole lighting unit. They then informed me that there were numerious conplaints regarding the burning out of light bulbs and the dealership had replaced the units if the van was under warrentiy. I am a single mom and was not that educated on electrical system to think something could be wrong. I was told that the problem went away after installing new back tail lights, I was finally able to afford the two rear units and installed them. I was please to a have all my lights working again. However, to my dismay 2 days after the installation of the units I find that the problem is still there. The vehicle back tail light unit has blown yet another bulb. This is very dangerous as it can cause the safty hazard lights, turn signals and back up lights not to work properly. This in turn can cause a accident and possibly fire in the car electrical system. No where is it possible to just buy the light sockets. I have connacted several dealerships and have looked on line. I have gone to many auto stores to find a replacement light socket but to no avail. I can not afford the replacements of these tail light units over and over again and again. Help....

- Anaheim , CA, USA

Oct 042012

Town & Country

The turn indicator intermittently activates in the wrong direction while attempting to change lanes. Occasionally, the blinker flashes in the opposite direction from where the blinker was moved. After several attempts of moving the turn indicator to the desired direction, the problem resolves. The driver has to pay close attention to where the blinker is flashing despite placing the lever up for a right turn and down for a left, in order to safely change lanes. This has occurred with several different drivers of this vehicle.

- Lehi, UT, USA

Jan 122011

Town & Country

Turn on right blinker and the left one activates. At times the blinkers do work correctly yet it is getting more persistent this issue is occurring. This is a severe safety issue as people cannot tell you are making a turn due to blinker failure.

- Spartanburg, SC, USA

Apr 152012

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2006 Chrysler Town and country. The contact stated that the headlights failed to illuminate. The contact activated and deactivated the headlight switch several times but the headlights failed to function. The failure occurred intermittently. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic for diagnostic testing. The mechanic was unable to diagnose the failure. The manufacturer was contacted and stated that the vehicle was not eligible for the service campaign. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 86,000. The VIN was not available.

- Westlake, OH, USA

Oct 232011

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2006 Chrysler Town & Country. The contact stated the headlights would turn on and off while driving. The vehicle was taken to the dealer who stated there was no recall and they would have to take off the instrument panel to check the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified who stated there was no recall and offered no further assistance. The VIN was unknown. The failure mileage was 104,000.

- China, MI, USA

Oct 242011

Town & Country 6-cyl

Several tmes the head lights have went out while going down the road. Can not find any thing loose or corroded. Mostly happens during damp weather. The wipers have quit once also. Power steering pump is going out also.

- Galesburg, IL, USA

Dec 012011

Town & Country 6-cyl

Headlights fail to come on, or turn off while driving. It may take several attempts to get the headlights on by turning the switch on and off several times. The lights have gone off several times while driving creating a great safety hazard. If you pull the high beam switch the high beams do come on and stay on as long as the switch is held back.

- Bloomington , IN, USA

Oct 082011

Town & Country 6-cyl

While driving at night, my headlights went out, very scary and glad I wasn't on a curve or bridge. I played with the switch until the lights came back on. This happened about 3 or more times within 10 minutes, luckily I was close to home. I had the headlights checked out at a garage and they couldn't find anything wrong, since the lights do work at times and you can't predict when the failure will happen. I believe the problem is in the switch. I don't want to waste my money fixing something I believe is a defect that Chrysler should take care of. My garage suggested I check to see if there may be a recall. This has been happening for almost 4 months now so I don't drive the van at night. This is dangerous.

- Bellevue, OH, USA

Nov 232011

Town & Country 6-cyl

Headlights go out intermittently. Sometimes they flicker. Recently the headlights went out while driving and had to stop due to safety concerns. They came back on by themselves.

- Canton, MI, USA

Oct 202011

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2006 Chrysler Town and country. The contact stated that the headlights would intermittently stop illuminating while driving at night. The failure occurred while driving at various speeds. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer and they were unable to diagnose the failure because it only occurred on an intermittent basis. The manufacturer was not notified. The failure mileage was approximately 90,000. The VIN was unavailable.

- Creston, OH, USA

Dec 062011

Town & Country 6-cyl

The switch that operates the turn signals, the wiper/washer, and the high/low beams fails as such: When signaling left at times the right indicator comes on, and visa versa. When operating the wiper "on" switch, nothing happens until you signal or use the high/low beam part of the switch. When trying to lower my headlight beams the switch will at times fail to lower them until a separate action happens with the switch. All of these failures are sporadic, and will appear apparently when there is moisture in the air through rain or fog. (when you would not want them to happen at all). These are safety recalls I am asking for because the dealership, even though we have an extended warranty says they cannot do anything unless they see it happen. Most of this happens after hours or when the dealership is not open. I have had the vehicle to the dealership on three separate times. A recall would cause them to be obligated to do the repair. After researching this problem on the web have found many 2006 Town and country minivan owners have experienced the same issue. Please issue a recall on these. I am sure other years are affected because that switch is widely used.

- Endicott, NY, USA

Jan 012010

Town & Country 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2006 Chrysler Town and country. The contact stated that the left turn signal failed to respond upon activation. In addition, the right turn signal would not function. The failure recurred sporadically. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the problem. The approximate failure mileage was 65,000. Updated 01/05/12 the consumer stated the turn signals did not respond when activated. The problem was sporadic. Updated 01/09/12

- Home, PA, USA

Sep 172011

Town & Country 6-cyl

The headlights on my vehicle would not come on. I had to turn the switch on and off to get them to come on. Then they went off when I was pulling out of the parking lot. This happened the same way another time. I took it to the dealership and contacted Chrysler. The dealer said they could not do anything because it did not happen for them. Chrysler said to work with the dealership. Last night - 11/11. I turned on my lights - after a short delay they came on. While driving on the express way they went off and I wiggled the switch and they came on. This happened again. Then, the third time the wiggling did not work. I was in complete darkness and going 55 mph. I bumped the switch and they came on. Others have said to just pull the high beam lever towards you to get lights enough to pull over. I will do that next time. This is a very frightening and unsafe condition.

- Sarver, PA, USA