2006 Chrysler Town & Country suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Chrysler Town & Country:

2006 Chrysler Town & Country Owner Comments

Oct 032015

Town & Country

I had an accident where the vehicle suddenly steered to the left. I did a 360 plus 90. I was going around a bend to the left at the time. There was a light rain at the time but I was not exceeding the speed limit and I have driven this road many times in the past. The front passenger tire was completely torn form the car. After it was towed and I had a chance to see the damage, I noticed a dark black mark about 5/8 of an inch by 1/4 inch on the broken ball joint. I think the ball joint had a defect in it and that a the accident was caused by the ball joint breaking where it flattens out to connect to the steering rod or connecting rod. At the present time the vehicle is at thomas Chevy dealership in bedford, pa I am going to have the adjuster take pictures to have some evidence of this and will ask to keep the parts or give them to me. A couple of days after the accident I went back to the location to see if there was any thing more I could remember about the accident and how it happened. I saw a slight gouge in the road like something had been pushed or pulled on the blacktop surface of the road. I will try to see if the end of the tie rod or whatever it is called has a wear spot on it when I go to look at the car today. I have no camera to be able to have any photo evidence of this. I would like to know if there have been other accidents involving a ball joint part breaking.

- Canal Winchester, OH, USA

Jan 132014

Town & Country 6-cyl

First time this happened when I was slowing down to come to a stop. The van shut down. No brakes. No steering. Put vehicle in park and it started right up again. It happened a 3-4 more times after that with similar circumstances. No rhyme or reason to when it would happen. On June 12, it happened again. On June 19, I took it to a mechanic who checked it out and said he hooked it up to different computers and couldn't find anything wrong. He drained the power steering fluid and put in new fluid. Today, on 7/29/2014, I was driving to work and slowed down to make a right hand turn and the van shut down. I had no steering or brakes as I was turning and almost hit a car on the opposite lane of traffic. I was able to pull over, put van in park and start it up again. It scared me so much I was shaking. Something needs to be fixed. It is not normal.

- Amarillo, TX, USA