2007 Chrysler Town & Country engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Chrysler Town & Country:

2007 Chrysler Town & Country Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Sep 252016

Town & Country

O2 sensor failure. The upstream and downstream O2 sensors constantly fail on this vehicle and need to be replaced often. I found many other people online that had the same issue. I have had to replace my O2 sensors with factory oem replacements 3 times now.

- Carrollton, TX, USA

Sep 182016

Town & Country

Every single time I fill up the gas tank, the car almost immediately after pulling out of the gas station sputters, stalls and becomes non-responsive. Last time (9/18/2016) I lost control of the car in the middle of the road and it completely stopped. Another time (early June, 2016), I drove into the freeway right out of the gas station and the engine stop responding, blocking entire traffic. The check engine light came on in few occasions and the code was (according to mechanic) is the fuel sensor malfunctioning. The strangest part is that once it stalls, I can restart the car and drive it without any problems until the next fueling. The mechanic could not find anything wrong but suggested that it was a design flaw due to vapor/liquid separator in the fuel tank and that he has seen this same problem in many Chrysler/Jeep made in late 2000S. While it drives fine, this problem put myself and my family in several dangerous situations in the middle of the traffic.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Jan 062016

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2007 Chrysler Town and country. While driving 70 mph, a loud grinding noise emitted from the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic. The technician diagnosed that the air compressor failed and needed to be replaced. On a different occasion, the engine warning light illuminated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the catalytic converter needed to be replaced. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was repaired. The failure mileage was 117,000.

- West Lafayette, IN, USA

Feb 152016

Town & Country

After filling my gandmothers gas tank on her 2007 Town and country we pulled onto the street and the whole car stalled out and I lost control of my steering wheel and breaks. If it hadn't been for quick reaction time on my part. We would have been in a collision. It's never had a problem before. In order to gain control back I had to throw the van in park and then it restarted and drove with no problem home.

- Tucson, AZ, USA

Oct 182015

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2007 Chrysler Town and country. The contact stated that the engine stalled after refueling. The vehicle restarted after several attempts. The failure occurred once. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 66,000.

- Flanders, NJ, USA

May 092015

Town & Country

While driving on expressway at 70 mph, I pulled to the left to avoid a vehicle entering my lane and the car simple stall. No warning, all electrical system warning lights came on and after stopping in the center median, I attempted to restart the vehicle with no results. After having vehicle towed to the nearest facility, I was told that the fuel pump died and had a short. After replacing the fuel pump, the car would run for 9 minutes and would shut down. The mechanic informed me that one of the electrical control modules was faulty causing the alternator to over charge and shut off. I have had issues since we purchased this vehicle in 2007 with the gauges shutting down and the car shutting down. I have asked the dealer on several occasions about this problem and their response has always been that it doesn't happen when they have the vehicle. Now I find out that the Chrysler dealer stated to the pepboys mechanic that this is a common problem with the Town and country.

- Collinsville, OK, USA

Apr 202015

Town & Country 6-cyl

Car stalled approaching stop light. Would not restart. Was able to jump start it and took it in to service. Told that the lower end was bad and engine needed to be replaced. Some of these cars had a lifetime powertrain warranty, I missed the window by less than 6 months. Clearly, they knew there was a problem and did not do anything about it.

- Clintont Twp, MI, USA

Jan 312015

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2007 Chrysler Town and country. While driving at 40 mph, the check engine and the electronic throttle control (etc) warning lights illuminated and the contact noticed a burning odor. The vehicle was taken to a dealer. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The failure recurred on numerous occasions. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 123,412.

- Tuscon, AZ, USA

Oct 312012

Town & Country 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Chrysler Town and country. After refueling the vehicle and driving 30 mph, the vehicle stalled. The contact was able to restart the vehicle. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The failure recurred on numerous occasions. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 70,000. Updated 5/18/15

- Macomb, MI, USA

Feb 022015

Town & Country 6-cyl

My 2007 Chrysler Town and country touring minivan stalls after filling up with gas everytime when get gas. Van starts and you start to drive and then all of a sudden the car stalls in the middle of an intersection and you have to shift van into park quickly and then restart van and then put in gear. Can drive a mile down the road and it happens in the middle of driving at a higher speed. Once you drive it for about 10 minutes continuous it stops stalling until the next time you get gas. Also sometimes when trying to fill up gas tank, if close to empty, the sensor in the gas tank that let's the gas station pump know that the tank is full makes the pump stop after just a gallon pumped in and keep sending that signal that it is full and won't let you fill anymore. Have to wait till the next day before it let's you fill up completely without doing that sensor issue. However it does the stalling after filling up with gas no matter how much gas is put in the gas tank.

- Kingsport , TN, USA

Mar 252015

Town & Country

While driving on the highway going 70 mph the engine on my Chrysler Town and country stalled. I had to coast to a stop and restart the engine. It started up fine but 4-5 min later it stalled out again while turning into the school parking lot. Again it started up fine. At low speeds, I now experience some engine surging issues.

- Grand Rapids, MI, USA

Mar 292014

Town & Country

Fill-up gas after 1.5hours of highway travel. Off from the gas station joining a busy street at ~10mph, van stalled. I had wife, my son and two friends - it was a nerve wracking incident. The car behind us had to swerve to next lane to avoid rear-ending us. Stalling continue to happen everytime I fill-up. Thus I would volunteer my vehicle if further testing is needed to investigate the root cause of the issue.

- Battle Creek, MI, USA

Nov 152014

Town & Country

After green light, I made the right turn from a small road to main road. When the car was half way into the main road (about 45 degree), the engine just dead, and a lot of symbols lighted up on the panel. I have to completely turn the key to off position, and re-ignite the car. When this incident happened, there is nothing attached to the key. Only car key itself was inside the ignition hole. I contacted Chrysler a few month back, reported the same issue happened twice while I called them last time. They told us they were aware this issue and were reviewing it, and suggested us to remove all other keys from key chain. This time I'm just reporting the incident on the government website, so others can see and hopeful Chrysler will recall the car for this issue.

- Birmingham, AL, USA

Oct 312014

Town & Country

After I fill up my van then starting after about 30 seconds to a minute the engine would run rough and if you did not give it the gas it would stop. I mentioned this to my dealer but they did not know or hear of this problem. In the November 2014 issue of consumer reports I noticed in the "road report" section about fuel tank problems with 2007-2008 Chrysler vehicles. I checked the web and in the " news" that covers all Chrysler vehicles it had a article about 2006-2007 vehicles "stalling on a full fuel tank". I have had this problem since I purchased the vehicle in March of 2011 with approximately 32000 miles. My dealer said since there was no recall on this that they could not do anything about this unless I paid to have it fixed. In the allpar article it stated that it is the problem with the "stant-built floats in the fuel tank". I am use to this happening so I am ready for it. I keep my foot on the gas in neutral if I am stopped to ensure the engine does not die. If I am driving just need to be aware and keep on the gas and it passes in about 10 seconds. Please help. Thanks

- Prospect, KY, USA

Oct 032012

Town & Country 6-cyl

This van has been burning a quart of oil every 800 to 1000 miles since we first purchased it. The van now has 91,233 miles on it and the oil consumption is getting worse. The oil is burning through the engine and there are no leaks whatsoever. I have seen many many posts on a lot of sites where other people are having the same problem and Chrysler does not want to do the right thing and fix the problem. The dealerships are saying what Chrysler is telling them to say which it is normal for an engine to burn a quart of oil every 1,000 miles which is just ridiculous. I have had plenty of vehicles in my life time and even the worst beater with 250,000 miles on it never burned that much oil. This is a wide spread problem that Chrysler needs to man up and accept responsibility and repair their customers vehicles properly. Due to this problem I will never purchase a Chrysler vehicle again. I have always bought GM's and never had a problem like this.

- Columbiaville, MI, USA

Jul 152010

Town & Country 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Chrysler Town and country. While driving approximately 5 mph, the engine stalled without warning. The intermittent failure occurred immediately after refueling the tank. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic who was unable to locate the cause of the failure. The manufacturer was notified. The approximate failure mileage was 70,000. Updated 11/21/14 the consumer stated the failure occurred on multiple occasions. Updated 5/5/2015

- Florissant, MO, USA

Aug 152014

Town & Country 6-cyl

Engine shut off going around a corner in our neighborhood. Had to restart van.

- Kalamazoo, MI, USA

Jul 102014

Town & Country 6-cyl

We have had repeated issues with the engine suddenly shutting down. It happens in the middle of driving and is extremely dangerous. There have been times we are going around a curve or pulling out in traffic and the engine will just shut off. The van has to be put in neutral and the key has to be turned on. We have eliminated all keys from our fob. The van has been inspected by numerous mechanics and no one has been able to determine what the issue is. We are extremely concerned that our family is going to be killed in a crash because of this issue. The engine shutting off continues to get worse. Chrysler has told us there are no recalls. Why does it take numerous deaths in order for there to be a recall? we bought this van because we thought it was safe and now we fear it is going to seriously injure or kill our family. Please look into this.

- Emmaus, PA, USA

Jun 212014

Town & Country

I was driving and my car just shut off. I had to pull off road no power steering. I didn't touch ignition or anything it just shut off. I pulled over put in park and it did restart has not happened today very scary.

- Maryville, TN, USA

Jun 012010

Town & Country 6-cyl

Pretty much ever since I've had the car, I will occasionally be driving and bump the key with my knee, turning the van off altogether. The power steering stops working with the engine off, so I have to try to turn on my hazard lights and carefully navigate to the side of the road to put the van in "park" again so that I can restart it (I can't restart it while I'm still moving). I am very, very careful to try to never even touch the key with my knee so that this doesn't happen, but it still does occasionally.

- Olathe, KS, USA