2007 Chrysler Town & Country fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Chrysler Town & Country:

2007 Chrysler Town & Country Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Jul 012016

Town & Country

When I fill my van up (not topping it off)and start it to leave the gas station. I go anywhere from a block to 4 blocks and the engine sputters, stalls and many time dies. Originally this was only an occasional problem, but has increased over the past few months to the point that it happens almost every time I fill up. This is a scary problem because I've been left in intersections and traffic. Fortunately, once I turned the van off and then tried to re-start it started up. Thank god, no one has hit me. Upon research on the internet I find that this has been an ongoing Chrysler Town and country minivan problem on vehicles from 2000 going forward yet I find no recall for the problem. From what I could find there are suggestions on what to do to fix the problem, but no proven solutions. I am hoping that by filing my complaint here that someone will research it and get back to me on a solution.

- Maryville, TN, USA

May 132016

Town & Country

My wife had just filled up the van with gas and, while driving down the road, she said she heard some "chimes"...then all power to the van shut off. No power steering, traffic in front and behind her. I see that others on this site have had the same problem after getting gas. The van only has 56,000 miles. I'll be calling Chrysler tomorrow. I did get the lifetime powertrain warranty back in 2007 when purchased. I was not pleased to read that the ntsb would not require a recall from Chrysler until more evidence ( ie motor vehicle accidents and/or fatalities) occur. My wife no longer feels safe driving the van with our two youngs boys.

- Berlin, NJ, USA

Nov 012015

Town & Country

After refueling the vehicle it will stall, hesitate and or completely lock up and not accelerate at all. This happens after refueling and turning on and driving. This can take place in parking lot of gas station, city streets and getting onto highway from fuel stationalso turning or commuting strict down the road. Have taken it into repair shop numerous times and keep being told there is nothing wrong. This problem started November 2015 and has continued to get worse every week since when I fill up with gas.

- Fort Wayne, IN, USA

Mar 312016

Town & Country

The vehicle stalls after refueling the fuel tank. The vehicle was inmotion on a city street. Started fine but after getting about a quarter mile down the road began to run erratically and then stalled while rolling to a stop.

- Catlin, IL, USA

Mar 192016

Town & Country

After refueling gas tank (to the point of automatic shutoff) restarted vehicle and proceeded to leave station. The van stalled as pulling out of station onto city street, which almost caused accident from approaching vehicle, and steering affected as well. Previously, have experienced the van almost stalling, but then catching in after a few sputters, which in itself was scary. Have found many complaints for this same problem with numerous year Dodge and Town & Country minivans online at: Folks there stating they have been told they have to replace entire fuel tank to correct the problem. It is hard to believe the manufacturer does not know about this problem with so many complaints online! as minivan choice of vehicle for folks with families of small children, this seems like a dire problem in need of investigation not only for the year 2007, but from 2003 on.

- Minersville, PA, USA

Jan 182016

Town & Country

My 2007 Chrysler Town and country touring stalls after a full tank fill up. This is a very dangerous issue, it happens after every fill up.

- Mount Washington, KY, USA

Jan 022016

Town & Country

After re-fueling the motor dies every time you refuel, this causes a major safety issue on the road ! many others with this vehicle have noticed the same problem

- Riverdale, UT, USA

Jun 062015

Town & Country

I bought it used with 60,000 mi and 1 year into it it started choking after any fill and a couple times it died while driving.. slow speeds at take off and in town.. it could last up to 1/2 hour..sputtering on and off...real distressing when I was on the freeway with 3 lanes of traffic..would have been a pile up if it had died..brought it to Chrysler after that and they replaced the fuel level//sending unit and the fuel pump for $400...seemed to be better but its been six months and it's beginning to choke up again...I've been filling it at a 1/2 tank level which seems to be helping the most...very dangerous in traffic!!!!!I if you're not going to recall at least identify the problem so we can fix

- Santa Fe, NM, USA

Apr 152015

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2007 Chrysler Town and country. The contact stated that the fuel tank only accepted two gallons of fuel at a time. The vehicle was taken to a dealer and it was diagnosed for fuel valve failure. The part was unavailable for repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 56,000.

- Sevierville, TN, USA

May 092015

Town & Country

While driving on expressway at 70 mph, I pulled to the left to avoid a vehicle entering my lane and the car simple stall. No warning, all electrical system warning lights came on and after stopping in the center median, I attempted to restart the vehicle with no results. After having vehicle towed to the nearest facility, I was told that the fuel pump died and had a short. After replacing the fuel pump, the car would run for 9 minutes and would shut down. The mechanic informed me that one of the electrical control modules was faulty causing the alternator to over charge and shut off. I have had issues since we purchased this vehicle in 2007 with the gauges shutting down and the car shutting down. I have asked the dealer on several occasions about this problem and their response has always been that it doesn't happen when they have the vehicle. Now I find out that the Chrysler dealer stated to the pepboys mechanic that this is a common problem with the Town and country.

- Collinsville, OK, USA

Mar 032015

Town & Country 6-cyl

Car stalls out after filling up at gas stations. After speaking with a mechanic and researching the issue it seems as if there is problem with the liquid separator valve and the fix for this would be to replace the whole gas tank including that valve. Unless the car remains started while filling, the stalling persists causing safety hazards on the highway and local roads.

- Lynchburg, VA, USA

Feb 022015

Town & Country 6-cyl

My 2007 Chrysler Town and country touring minivan stalls after filling up with gas everytime when get gas. Van starts and you start to drive and then all of a sudden the car stalls in the middle of an intersection and you have to shift van into park quickly and then restart van and then put in gear. Can drive a mile down the road and it happens in the middle of driving at a higher speed. Once you drive it for about 10 minutes continuous it stops stalling until the next time you get gas. Also sometimes when trying to fill up gas tank, if close to empty, the sensor in the gas tank that let's the gas station pump know that the tank is full makes the pump stop after just a gallon pumped in and keep sending that signal that it is full and won't let you fill anymore. Have to wait till the next day before it let's you fill up completely without doing that sensor issue. However it does the stalling after filling up with gas no matter how much gas is put in the gas tank.

- Kingsport , TN, USA

May 052014

Town & Country 6-cyl

Our 2007 Chrysler Town and country van has experienced several instances of stalling after fill-up. I now see that others have experienced this. The worst times are when we let it go below 1/4 tank before filling. Two (2) times this has nearly led to accidents. One (1) time while turning, and another when it stalled pulling away from a stop sign. I am now the only driver allowed to drive the van after fill ups, since I won't take the chance of the vehicle stalling when my wife or daughters are driving. While the report I read said there have been no accidents or deaths reported yet, this malfunction will certainly lead to them. I implore the NHTSA and Chrysler Fiat to recall and fix this issue before a van full of kids stalls turning in front of a truck. Thank you.

- Sparta, MI, USA

Nov 282014

Town & Country 6-cyl

Chrysler Town and country 2007- shortly after refueling the vehicle, with no warning the RPM's will drop and the engine will stall. This event usually happens as I am merging into traffic from the gas station. This is a very dangerous situation because the power brakes and steering assist is lost during a stall!

- Tallahassee, FL, USA

May 292010

Town & Country

When the vehicle was filled up with fuel, it stalled within a few minutes of the fill up. I was barely moving. Now, this happens on every fill up. It does not matter if I am driving down the highway or in town, if it is after a fill up, it stalls or sputters. It does not matter if it is (summer or winter), (wet or dry), or (engine hot or cold). This is dangerous.

- Granite City, IL, USA

Mar 292014

Town & Country

Fill-up gas after 1.5hours of highway travel. Off from the gas station joining a busy street at ~10mph, van stalled. I had wife, my son and two friends - it was a nerve wracking incident. The car behind us had to swerve to next lane to avoid rear-ending us. Stalling continue to happen everytime I fill-up. Thus I would volunteer my vehicle if further testing is needed to investigate the root cause of the issue.

- Battle Creek, MI, USA

Nov 122014

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2007 Chrysler Town and country. While driving approximately 30 mph, the engine stalled without warning. After restarting the vehicle, it resumed normally. The failure occurred only after refueling. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The approximate failure mileage was 90,000.

- Falling Waters, WV, USA

Aug 122014

Town & Country

After filling up with gas and pulling out of gas station, the van will stall. I expect this now and try to get it to stall in the gas station parking lot but this is very dangerous if you have to pull out into traffic. Happens every time I get gas now. Only fill until pump turns off to avoid over-filling but it doesn't help. Saw this was due to failing valves in gas tank allowing liquid fuel into the charcoal canister but there isn't a recall. This should be a recall item due to the safety issue.

- Bryan, OH, USA

Nov 252014

Town & Country 6-cyl

Someone is going to get seriously injured if Chrysler does not address the fueling problem in its vehicles. After fueling, my van will either begin sputtering and then stall or stall without warning. I recently fueled at a gas station on an exit off of interstate 70. Upon entering the highway from the on ramp, my van stalled. Fortunately, the tractor trailer approaching me in my lane was able to swerve into the adjacent lane and avoid hitting me. I took my vehicle to the Chrysler dealership service department where I have the vehicle serviced and told them about the problem. They said they are "hearing about this issue more and more" and simply advised me to "not fill up the van with gas all the way". they also mentioned that Chrysler 300 models have the same issue. What is being done about this problem?

- Overland Park, KS, USA

Feb 052014

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2007 Chrysler Town and country. The contact stated that immediately after refueling, the vehicle stalled without warning. The vehicle was taken to the dealer. The technician was unable to diagnose the failure. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 85,000. The VIN was not available.

- Bradenton , FL, USA