2007 Chrysler Town & Country miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Chrysler Town & Country:

2007 Chrysler Town & Country Owner Comments

Sep 102016

Town & Country

Overhead dome map light stopped working smelled like burning it was safety issue because when I popped of the clear plastic cover I don't know why the van hadn't caught on fire yet. Half the base of the bulb was black, the plastic part of the socket was scorched, warped, melted and smelled burn and damaged console sockets. Clearly this was defective parts that should be the reason Chrysler changed the design and part but never notify consumers and issue recall. This is series safety issue fire and electrical damaged may cause serious injuries. I was told that dealer is not responsible and not interested helping and I need to pay $400 to change entire socket for two small light bulbs. When I call Chrysler corporate again I was told they can not help because I have old vehicle. This is clearly defective design and part unfortunately Chrysler would not take ownership and accountability to notify and repair this issue. Please see attached picture when I went to dealer for replacement bulbs for about $6 each I was told I need to replace entire console because they no longer have this defective bulbs when I popped of the clear plastic cover I wondered why the van hadn't caught on fire yet. Half the base of the bulb was black, the plastic part of the socket was scorched and warped damages console sockets

- Bentonville, AR, USA

Sep 092016

Town & Country

The 2007 Town and country I helped my disabled sister buy has defective door and rear lift gate issues.we were parked and shopping and I was a passenger in her car when her home health aide hit the button to open the rear hatch for me to something out of the back. The hatch lifted then let go and slammed shut shaking the entire vehicle before I could leave the vehicle. I barely got out of the way that same day when it did again. Come to find out it had happened before and my other sister was injured when the door hit her head. The same day her aide opened the left side door for me and as I extended my leg out the door it suddenly slammed shut, thankfully I was able to move fast enough to move my leg back into the vehicle before it closed. The driver side rear door does not work at all and has a chronic leak and mold in the tracks. This van is extremely unsafe!!!! I afraid my sister who does not move fast will be injured. Please help.

- Ridgefield, WA, USA

Apr 302012

Town & Country

My wife's Chrysler minivan died at 40mph while driving today. Had only manual steering to pull over to the side of the road. Could have caused an accident. After a few seconds it started driving normally. What is wrong with my minivan it is in excellent condition. Checked under hood all fluid levels are ok.

- White Lake, MI, USA

Feb 152008

Town & Country

2007 Town & Country with 9,000 miles driving on interstate 76 in philadelphia exiting an off ramp at conshohocken. Van began shaking then it was a sound like a pop van became uncontrollable, not able to steer or shift any gears. Driver unable to turn wheel causing the van to go into the off ramp. There is little damage to the body of the van but driver was told by a worker for the pa dept of transportation as well as an autobody shop & tow truck driver that the engine mount had broke causing the loss of control of the van. The engine mount is broke in at least 3 places and part of the engine or mount is hanging down near the wheel. The Chrysler dealership is saying they have never seen anything like this and therefore it is driver era I.e. the accident caused the mounts to break instead of the mounts breaking causing the accident. Driver is not sure what happened the only account is the van was unable to be steered to follow the path of the off ramp and the van was unable to be shifted out of gear or stopped. The van came to a stop because of the off ramp there was no control for the driver.

- Philadelphia, PA, USA