2008 Chrysler Town & Country accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Chrysler Town & Country:

2008 Chrysler Town & Country Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Sep 262013

Town & Country 6-cyl

I just left my work related training class around 4:45pm and it was raining on that day. I noticed that I turned on my wipers, the front light and I immediately noticed that my wiper, the front light, signal light, heater and air condition stopped working suddenly. I tried to adjust my wiper speed but could not do any thing, to even turn it off was not possible. My signal failed to work, my horn also failed. I parked to see what might be the problem but could not electronically unlock the doors, also I noticed that when I turn the ignition key to on position, the dash light on the board was off, wiper is moving without been turned on and the light was not on after I started the vehicle. This is a potential danger and this has happened seven to ten times and these only happened when it was raining or during cold weather.

- Desoto , TX, USA

May 212014

Town & Country

Having problems with the electrical system as described by many others here. Car can be sitting still in driveway or driving when the horn will go off, dashboard lights go on, wipers starting going up and down, windshield fluid starts shooting out, electrical components in vehicle don't work, A/C doesn't work, and if driving, car will not shift into gear at higher speeds. Cannot turn off or stop any of this. I tried turning car on and off, hit buttons on remote, and this will continue for a few minutes until finally stopping on its on. Very scary when you are driving! almost got in multiple accidents so far and with my kids in the car!

- Trumbull, CT, USA

Apr 262014

Town & Country

Was driving down the road when the alarm started beeping, lights on dashboard flickered, and wipers go on and off on their own. Has happened several times. Now the passenger back door automatic buttons do not work and the driver's seat will move forward and back when driving. This is a huge safety issue and the Chrysler dealerships are not helpful in finding a solution. Said it will take several weeks to try and diagnose what's wrong. I am alarmed that more people are having similar issues and a recall has not been made. It's hard to drive when your seat is moving. In addition, sometimes my transmission will not shift. Seems to be an electrical problem. Once I turn the vehicle off and restart it, seems to run fine.

- Hollansburg, OH, USA

May 192014

Town & Country 6-cyl

We have been having an ongoing issue with our 2008 Chrysler Town and country. The horn will start blowing, the wipers will come on, fluid will start spraying, the A/C will come off and on, doorlocks will not work, and all this will happen while driving and when it is sitting in the garage with no key in the ignition. I have a 4 year old daughter and when this happens while driving we have come very close to being in an accident. The only way to stop the vehicle from doing this is to disconnect the battery. Not safe.

- Tucson, AZ, USA

Jun 042012

Town & Country

Two years ago, while driving at night, horn, wipers, wiper fluid and lights began going off and on by themselves. Stopped the car and turned off the car, but it kept on going on. I was in the car with my 5 children and my husband was not with us. It totally freaked out my children and me. My husband came and disconnected the battery and it stopped. On the way home it had stopped. Call our Chrysler dealership in the morning, but they had no idea what we were talking about and said to bring it in. Not being under warranty (68,000 miles) we decided to do our own research (husband works on cars on a regular basis). We only found that others in this situation were not having any luck at dealership. We have learned how to deal with this for 2 years now. We have taken out the fuse for the horn and wipers (as both will not turn off anymore) and insert wipers when raining. We don't feel safe with this situation, but not able to do anything else. Happens often without pattern. Waiting for a recall since this seems to be a huge problem with Chrysler. Very disappointed in the product.

- Coral Springs, FL, USA

Jan 042014

Town & Country 6-cyl

Driving down the road wipers turn on by themselves will not turn off, high beams will not work also turn signals will not work.

- Winnfield, LA, USA

Nov 032013

Town & Country

Vehicle is having electrical problems. These electrical problems are causing the vehicle to shut off while operating, lights to turn on and off, horn to sound and windshield wipers and washers to operate randomly. This vehicle was purchased new from the dealer and had a similar problem when was repaired and now is doing it again only more severely. There are many reports of similar problems with this vehicle experiencing this problem. In some cases the cruise control starts operating on its own and accelerating. This needs to be a recall.

- Wasilla, AK, USA

Oct 062013

Town & Country 6-cyl

Used keyfob to unlock van and horn started honking (short blasts) continually, wipers/washer activated, all lights in dash started flashing showing an 8 in gear indicator, headlights started flashing, doors locked, fans start running, solenoid starts clicking, it appears that everything electrical under the hood except the starter is activated.

- Binger, OK, USA

Sep 192012

Town & Country

This is the same issue that a lot of other people are having with the windshield wipers and fluid spraying and going off, horn honking and locks going all crazy. About a year ago this happened and I took my car in and was told it was the clock spring, then a week later same thing happened- happened first while I was driving and it went crazy, then also when I use the key faub to unlock the car it acted up. The second time I took it in they told me my battery was bad, but if I had it in a week before that why is that bad now when they should have noticed then? so put in around $700 to fix this issue. Now yesterday, exactly a year later, same thing happened. Driving on my way to work, it did it for about 5 minutes, I pulled over and shut my car off and restarted it. Then when I left work I pushed my unlock on my key faub and did it for a minute or so, then when I got home and went down to my car to leave last night, used key faub and it started going again, but this time would not stop so the battery is disconnected. I try to hook the battery up and it continues on still. This is dangerous for someone to drive and should be recalled immediately, also, my car would not shift and my ABS light and traction control light turned on this time, and last year it did not. My car is possessed!! I commute to work and this is a very dangerous issue and these cars need to be recalled asap!

- Arvada, CO, USA

Jan 142013

Town & Country

The following has been happening for over a week now. When starting my vehicle, the wipers independently turned on, the headlights flashed every time the wipers where deployed independently. The wiper and light on/off was checked. Turned off and on, and still both items flashed, and swiped by themselves. January 29th, operator was driving 25 mph, all dash lights blinked, including but not limited to, esp, brake, engine, and airbag lights, airbag light remained on, wipers deployed and RPM gauge reduced to 0 for 5 seconds. Pulled over turned ignition off, opened door, shut door restarted vehicle. The above repeated itself, with more errors, now the driver window controls did no longer work. This happened repeatedly for 5 full minutes before resuming normal operation.

- Glenburn, ME, USA

Jan 182013

Town & Country 6-cyl

While driving approximately 25 mph, all the warning lights illuminated, and the windshield wipers activated independently. The vehicle was not taken to a mechanic. The manufacturer was contacted and stated that there were no recalls for the failure. The approximate failure and current mileage was 89,763.

- Jersey City, NJ, USA

Oct 062012

Town & Country 6-cyl

When we used the remote key to unlock our van the alarm sounded, the horn keep beeping, the wipers - both front and back, started, wiper fluid sprayed from both the front and back, the doors would not unlock and the lights stayed on. Once I got in the car ( using a traditional key inside the remote ) I could not control any of the above. It eventually stopped only to start again when I used the remote to lock the car. The battery died and the car was towed to a shop. A new battery was replaced and the car computer reset. I drove it 5 miles home and parked it. 3 hours later I went to unlock the car and the entire process started again - both front and back wipers, lights on, wiper fluid spewing on both windows, car alarm and lights flashing. Again, I could not get in to the car as it remained locked. The battery had to be unwired for this all to stop. The car was towed back to the shop. This time we found out it was the tipm ( totally integrated power module ). the cost of this is over $700. Our car is only 4 years old and after researching this problem I am finding out this is a very common problem with the Chrysler Town and country 2008 model. If this happened while I was driving it could be an extreme safety hazard on the road. I want Chrysler to issue a recall on this and issue mine and everyone elses money back - not only for the faulty part but for all the time and inconvenience this causes on car owners. Please don't want until a fatality happens.

- Lakewood, OH, USA

Sep 242011

Town & Country

While camping with the van off and the keys out of the vehicle. Horn started honking. Windshield wipers started going. Washer fluid started to spray. Hazards started to flash. Started and shut off the van to no avail of stopping all the commotion. Finally unhooked the battery to make it stop. Took it to the dealer 2 days later and they found nothing wrong. One week later while my wife was driving the van. All of the devices again turned on for no reason. She pulled over and shut off the vehicle. After 5 minutes it finally stopped. When she started driving it again and when she started to drive it would not shift out of 3 gear. She pulled over and shut it off. Started it up again and it worked fine. 3 days later my wife and kids took it and all the devices turned on again out in the parking lot with the van off and keys out of it. When she started the van it would only run for like 20 seconds and then quit running. Tried it numerous time to no avail. She wait 30 minutes while I was driving to pick them up. She started it again and it work fine. It still acts up about ever 2 to 3 days. Dealership says it cant fix the problem cause it cant find anything wrong and cant reproduce the problem.

- Monticello, MN, USA

Jul 142012

Town & Country 6-cyl

My car acts possessed. The horn honks, wipers are on at full speed with fluid spraying everywhere, the locks go crazy (locking and unlocking by themselves), if the car is in motion the motor dies in traffic. This has happened several times since July 14, 2012. (at least 5 times per week). Last night the fan motor came on by itself and ran the battery down. We had to unplug the fan motor to get it to stop. Hopefully we can find out what is causing this issue.

- Dexter, KY, USA

Jul 202011

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2008 Chrysler Town and country. The contact stated that upon starting the vehicle, the horn would sound, the windshield wipers would turn on, and the windshield washer fluid would activate. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for a diagnosis. The dealer stated that there was nothing wrong with the vehicle. The manufacturer was contacted. The failure mileage was 80,000 and the current mileage was 90,000.

- Bristow , VA, USA

Jul 012012

Town & Country 6-cyl

When opening door after unlocking and disengaging alarm, horn abruptly comes on continuously and wipers start. Pulled battery cable to shut off. Imagine if I had been driving and this happened. Could have caused a crash with me or others. Afraid to even drive it to the dealer for repair. What if it locked my child in the car in the summer heat? this should be a mandatory recall immediately!!!!!

- Newmarket, NH, USA

Jun 152012

Town & Country 6-cyl

The vehicle was parked at the time of the incident, with doors unlocked. The vehicle suddenly locked the doors, began sounding the horn, front/back windshield wipers turned on, and lights began flashing. I initially believed the alarm system was going off, but the vehicle would not unlock with the use of the key. After about five minutes, it appeared that power was failing and the vehicle began leaking out all of the windshield wiper fluid in front/back. Soon after, the power seemed to die, but the front end of the vehicle (under the battery) continued to make a clicking noise. The vehicle will not power on with the use of the key, and the car had to be manually unlocked on the drivers side. When researching similar symptoms on the internet, it was found that this is a manufacturer defect and could have occurred while driving, with the loss of steering control and brakes.

- Beaumont, TX, USA

May 022012

Town & Country 6-cyl

On May 2, the van would not start after coming out from a restaurant. The interesting thing is that the wipers had been going and the wiper fluid was empty and wiper fluid was all over the windshield and car. The battery was jumped as a short-term fix, but within a few miles (while going approximately 65mph), the car started honking its horn and wipers were going while driving. I quickly exited the highway and pulled into a nearby gas station. At that time, I put the vehicle into park and took the key out. Even after the key was taken out, the vehicle continued to run, honk, and run the wipers. This continued for approximately 3 minutes before it quit by itself. The vehicle was towed to a nearby Firestone center and the battery was replaced. This was unfortunately not the solution because another incident (same symptoms) occurred just 3 days later while driving. Again, my wife got the vehicle to a safe place, but this time, she could not even get the van into the "park? position. She was able to get the key out, but the car continued to run. She had to hold her foot on the brake and finally inserted the metal part of the key to get the engine to turn off and allow her to move it to the ?park? position and safely exit the vehicle.. as you can imagine, this was an expensive incident, but more importantly, it presented a safety issue to me and my family because of the vehicle?S inability to stop and put into ?park" position. It also presented a safety concern driving with the car while it was not in an electronically stable condition and was hazardous to other drivers. I have researched this issue on the internet and see similar complaints.

- Nortonville, KS, USA

Apr 152012

Town & Country 6-cyl

Gauge cluster problems, windshield wipers.

- Fort Wayne, IN, USA