2.9

2008 Chrysler Town & Country accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Chrysler Town & Country:

2008 Chrysler Town & Country Owner Comments

Oct 142011

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2008 Chrysler Town and country. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 10V611000 (equipment), 11V394000 (air bags, equipment), and 14V373000 (air bags, electrical system); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Howard, PA, USA

Jul 012014

Town & Country

While driving I had all computer screens shut down on me, meaning going blank. My radio turned off, the dvd player shut off, as well as my driver panel lights. This is the first time it has shut off on me, usually when I turn on the van either those functions work or they don't work. I also have issues with the tps, ABS, lights flashing at me including the engine light. It randomally will come on and randomally go off. Chysler told me for $3,000-$4,000 I can have the van rewired and have no van for about a month. I can not and will not afford this. I have summited other complaints about this van including the module recall. I don't know what to do this van is a safety hazard and a money pit.

- Marion, IA, USA

Jul 052015

Town & Country

Noticed loud grinding noise coming from front end of vehicle and vibration in steering wheel. Noise and vibration increased with speed. Was told both front bearings were bad and needed replacement. Understood a recall was conducted and a service bulletin was issued for the 2008 Town & Country, but Chrysler said my vehicle was not affected, which is odd considering the issues in my T/C seem to very the very issues found within the recall and bulletin detailing required repair.

- Ijamsville, MD, USA

Apr 282012

Town & Country

My tipm module needs to be replaced but since there is a national shortage for this part. I like thousands of others have to wait 6-9 months before there will be any available. This part has been on back order for a very long time. Chrysler is very lucky that no one has been seriously hurt.

- Kansas City, KS, USA

Jul 122010

Town & Country

We purchased a used 2008 town and country 13000 miles in December 2008. In April 2009 at 16000 miles it needed all four brake pads replaced. Dealer said brakes were not covered with warranty and this was just normal wear and tear. In June 2010 at 32,000 miles when we took it in for an oil change, the technician indicated all four brake pads needed to be replaced. On March 14 2009 we reported the cd player would not eject cd's, but no work was performed. On April 8 2009 we again reported radio/cd player would not eject cds. Dealer replaced the radio. On July 6 2009 we reported sound quality problems with the radio. It was replaced and on July 30th we experienced same problems only now the radio would just shut off completely. The radio was again replaced. On December 26 we reported the aux. Power outlet was inoperable and needed to be replaced. We also reported the engine was exhibiting a loud humming noise when we approached speeds of 40 mph. Technician told us it was a computer problem and that was reset. Within one day the sound was back. In July 2010 we were traveling to denver Colorado and the ac would cut out when we approached 65 mph. In addition the RPM's would go as high as 4000-5000 at 60 mph. Car had to be towed into a local dealership in which the said the service department said the valve body and hub bearings were causing the noise and problems.

- Oswego, IL, USA