8.0

2008 Chrysler Town & Country accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Chrysler Town & Country:

2008 Chrysler Town & Country Owner Comments

Apr 092014

Town & Country Touring 3.8L, V6, Ohv

I started having problems turning the ignition to the off position, only once in a while at first. It would go no further than the "acc" position. Which means the engine could be stopped running but the key couldn't come out and the radio couldn't be shut off and couldn't get the lights to turn off. I thought for about a month when it started happening that I was doing something to cause it.

Then I started paying attention to the whole thing and realized it was nothing I was doing different - I've driven a car for 40 years after all. I thought maybe just starting it again and moving it into drive and back into park might help, like maybe it wasn't all the way engaged in park. I'd try to turn the key to off and I could do this process half a dozen times at one time. Then I started trying to figure out if I had to kinda angle the key because I thing point I'm realizing something is wrong with the ignition. I've tried to be extremely careful and try to keep the key totally straight without angling up, down or sideways. Nothing works all the time. This problem is now happening about 75% of the time the van is driven. I always worry every single time I have to drive it now whether that will be the time I can't get the key to the off position

This may be a six year old vehicle but only has about 45,000 miles on it. We inherited this van from my parents after they passed away three years ago. I've never owned a Chrysler before and I never will again. I won't pay to have this fixed. We didn't cause this. This is a defect that we inherited with the van. When it does get to the point where it will never turn all the way off again, that repair and all costs associated with it, will be paid for by Chrysler.

- , Jenison, MI, USA

Dec 012012

Town & Country Touring 3.8L

When we park the car, the keyfob should turn off and you should be able to remove the key from the ignition but it is stuck in ACC. this can take from 30 sec to 30+minutes to disengage. there is a small audible click when the solenoid behind the dash allows you turn it to OFF and remove the key. Until then you are stuck with a car with acc turned on draining the battery. Not sure what the solution is yet. seems to be a common issue around the web

- , Stillwater, OK, USA

May 302013

Town & Country

Key sticks in ignition intermittently, cannot turn completely to off position. Have to jiggle the gear shift until it clicks, then key can be turned & removed.

This originally occurred while under warranty, but dealer claimed could not recreate. Once it was out of warranty, they knew exactly what was wrong & said I could replace some switch in the ignition for a mere $450!

This occurs more frequently when it is hot. It is a pain to have to spend 10 minutes trying to dislodge the key, but the car does turn off & I never have any problem with starting it, so I will live with it.

I hate the 2008 T&C...I have had more problems with electrical & so on than for every other car I have owned combined!

- , Tega Cay, SC, USA