7.0

2008 Chrysler Town & Country accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Chrysler Town & Country:

2008 Chrysler Town & Country Owner Comments

Dec 012012

Town & Country Touring 3.8L

When we park the car, the keyfob should turn off and you should be able to remove the key from the ignition but it is stuck in ACC. this can take from 30 sec to 30+minutes to disengage. there is a small audible click when the solenoid behind the dash allows you turn it to OFF and remove the key. Until then you are stuck with a car with acc turned on draining the battery. Not sure what the solution is yet. seems to be a common issue around the web

- , Stillwater, OK, USA

May 302013

Town & Country

Key sticks in ignition intermittently, cannot turn completely to off position. Have to jiggle the gear shift until it clicks, then key can be turned & removed.

This originally occurred while under warranty, but dealer claimed could not recreate. Once it was out of warranty, they knew exactly what was wrong & said I could replace some switch in the ignition for a mere $450!

This occurs more frequently when it is hot. It is a pain to have to spend 10 minutes trying to dislodge the key, but the car does turn off & I never have any problem with starting it, so I will live with it.

I hate the 2008 T&C...I have had more problems with electrical & so on than for every other car I have owned combined!

- , Tega Cay, SC, USA