2008 Chrysler Town & Country brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Chrysler Town & Country:

2008 Chrysler Town & Country Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Sep 122012

Town & Country 6-cyl

1. while driving the esp indicator light and engine comes on and wheels automatically go into slow mode (as if I were on ice). I manually shut off button. Took it to dealer and said the coil in my steering module is bad, needs replacing. I complained of van having hard shifting in accel and decel. Fault code C1210-steering angle sensor 2. the engine light reports that I have a bad egr valve, needs replacing. Found code P1404 & code P0404.

- Kulpmont, PA, USA

Aug 272012

Town & Country

Along with the hundreds of complaints, I too have a problem with horn, lighting, wipers and fluid, car running with no key in ignition etc. While out of town the car had these happen and brought to a certified Chrysler shop. They diagnosed as a bad battery connection after a mechanic driving to his home and back. I was sent on my way after paying $100. Not a large amount but silly when you have to bring the car to my local shop for the same problem three days later. This time it happened while driving at night in the middle of the road. I am appalled by how many complaints have been filed and there has not been a recall on this could be fatal defective part that is shutting down a car with no warning while driving. What do 90% of mini van drivers have in common? children!!! how unsafe and absurd. Fyi my car is going to be fixed under an extended warranty but this is a major safety concern for anyone that drives a Chrysler van.

- Kenosha, WI, USA

Apr 282012

Town & Country

My tipm module needs to be replaced but since there is a national shortage for this part. I like thousands of others have to wait 6-9 months before there will be any available. This part has been on back order for a very long time. Chrysler is very lucky that no one has been seriously hurt.

- Kansas City, KS, USA

Feb 012011

Town & Country

Dashboard warning light esp/bas illuminated. I brought the vehicle to the dealer to see what was wrong. The dealer diagnosed the problem and found that the "steering angle sensor" was bad. The steering "clock spring" was suggested to be replaced due to the fact that the "steering angle sensor" was part of a whole unit (the clock spring) and cannot be changed separately. My vehicle was just out of warranty at 36,000 miles and was no longer covered. I am concerned that the bad part is connected to the vehicle stability system and why it has failed so early in the life of the vehicle.

- Lake Worth, FL, USA

May 162009

Town & Country

2008 Town and country touring. Driving with cruise control going about 65mph and all of sudden the engine accelerated and then slowed down and I had to turn off the cruise control and hit the gas peddle finally kicked in normally. Good thing I was not in city driving going 50mph and had this happen.

- Albuquerque, NM, USA