2008 Chrysler Town & Country brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Chrysler Town & Country:

2008 Chrysler Town & Country Owner Comments (Page 9 of 13)

Jan 012010

Town & Country

Brakes and rotors needing to be replaced at 15,000 miles.

- Berkley, MI, USA

Aug 202009

Town & Country

2008 Town and country minivan brakes are insufficient. I have to change front brake pads at 14, 000 miles. Not good. Looks like brakes were not designed to take van weight.

- Canton, MI, USA

Jan 282010

Town & Country

Premature failure on front brake pads and rotors. The front brake pads had to be replaced at 18,000 miles. Then the front rotors had to be replaced at 23,000 miles. Chrysler would not cover any of the repairs because the front brake pads were not replaced at a Chrysler dealer with Chrysler pads. Chrysler customer service said they would have paid to replace the rotors and pads had the pads not been replaced with aftermarket pads. The reason they were replaced with aftermarket pads is because at 18,000 miles when the pads wore out, I took it to a Chrysler dealer and they said they couldn't do anything about it and that it was normal wear. Obviously it's not normal. Chrysler should fix this problem by putting correct sized rotors on the vehicle. Customer service is horrible.

- Hummelstown, PA, USA

Feb 022008

Town & Country

Brakes and rotors were so shot by 11,000 miles that the pad rivots were rubbing against the rotors and squealing while driving.

- Whitehall, PA, USA

Feb 012010

Town & Country

2008 Chrysler minivan purchased 09/08. Currently has 13370 miles. Front brakes and rotors replace at 8887 miles. Currently in service for brakes again. When I expressed my displeasure to the service rep., his response was "we see this everyday". Chrysler find this acceptable? there needs to be a recall on these sub-standard breaks that were/are being installed.

- Macomb, MI, USA

Jan 272010

Town & Country

I own a 2008 Chrysler Town & Country LX. My brake pads were replaced and rotors turned at 13,300 in Oct.08. Later started feeling vibration in steering wheel when applying brakes. This occurred in early Oct.09 with around 17,000 miles on van. Took it to dealer in Jan 2010 because vibrations got so severe. Was told front rotors are glazed and worn and need replacing and pads replaced. Rear rotors need turning and pads replaced. The van has a little over 18,000 miles on it. To many problems with brakes for so few miles on van.

- Albuquerque, NM, USA

Jan 302010

Town & Country

Brake rotors and pads on 2008 Chrysler Town & Country needed to be replaced at 23,324 miles at a cost of $735.20. Dealer wouldn't even consider resurfacing the rotors because they have had so many problems with them warping. Vehicle was purchased new on 11/10/07. Brakes have always squeaked but they said that was normal for this vehicle. Have since learned that many owners with this year of this vehicle are having similar (or worse) longevity out of their brakes. Have owned 2 previous Chrysler Town & Country's prior to this and didn't have to replace brakes until 50,000 + miles.

- Indianapolis, IN, USA

Jan 262010

Town & Country

2008 Chrysler Town & Country brake pads had to be replaced at 15,800 miles. The brake system (rotors & pads) on the 2008 Town & Country are inadequate for this van and should be recalled.

- Greenville, NC, USA

Jan 252010

Town & Country

Chrysler Town and country 2008 is on its second replacement of brakes at 30,000 miles. The brakes have prematurely worn out with no apparent reason. Van is inspected routinely every oil change at around 3000 miles and brakes are checked. However, this failure appears to be more than routine wear and tear and occurs suddenly.

- Snohomish, WA, USA

Jan 042010

Town & Country

2008 Chrysler Town and country---brakes. Front and rear brakes wear out under normal operations within 11,000 miles of operations. 1st set of pad and rotors were replaced at 11,000 miles and now the van has 22,000 miles and the brake squeaks are upon us again. Took it in and brakes are almost ready 15% left on rear brakes pads. Poor design and manufacture of 2008 brakes. Chrysler should be made to upgrade the rotors and pads as this is a safety concern.

- San Pedro, CA, USA

Jan 032010

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2008 Chrysler Town and country. She stated that the rear brakes were grinding very loud while driving approximately 35 mph. The vehicle was taken to the dealer who advised her that the rear brakes needed to be replaced at her expense. No repairs were made to the vehicle. There were no recalls. The failure mileage and current mileages were under 21,500.

- Hemmit, CA, USA

Jan 212010

Town & Country

The brakes on my 2008 Chrysler Town and country required replacement (brakes and rotors) with 22,000 miles on the vehicle. The brakes were checked in accordance with the manufacturer's recommendations, but were worn to the point they were unsafe three months later. This is a common problem with the 2008 Chrysler Town and country's and should be fixed because there have been accidents caused by the brake failures and this is due to the poor quality and negligence of Chrysler.

- Gonzales, LA, USA

Oct 092009

Town & Country

On 9/16/09, with 19849 miles, I took my 2008 Chrysler Town and country to the dealer complaining about my van squeaking while driving and that the squeaking would stop when I applied the brakes. I was told by the dealer they could not duplicate the problem and they did nothing. I took it back in on 10/9/09 with the same issue, only this time there was a very strong odor coming from the rear passenger tire. Again, I was told there was nothing wrong with the brakes and the brakes and rotors were wearing evenly and the calipers are working properly. On 1/14/10 I was driving and the noise was so loud, I drove it right to the dealer who had a mechanic ride with me. He confirmed that it was the brakes and thought it was the calipers locking up. Once he looked at the brakes he told me that I needed new pads and rotors at 24000 miles!! I asked about the calipers and they did say they would grease those for me at no charge to see if it would help, but they again stated to correct the problem I would need new pads and rotors. I have never owned a vehicle that needed new rear pads and rotors on a vehicle with less than 50,000 miles! I called Chrysler and put in a complaint and was just told today that there was nothing they could do, the brakes are a wear and tear item and it was out of warranty. I am waiting for a call back from a supervisor in the next day to take my complaint higher. I am very worried about the safety of driving this vehicle and am afraid the brakes will eventually go out.

- Chardon, OH, USA

Sep 012009

Town & Country

Brakes- like everyone else- my front brakes failed at 20,000 miles- I complained to Chrysler but they had no interest in dealing with the problem. $650 to fix- when repairing the front, the mechanic discovered that the back were worn by 95%. I drive to and from work (highway) and to sporting events for the kids on weekends- no excessive driving or starting and stopping.

- Kennesaw, GA, USA

Jan 102010

Town & Country

2008 Chrysler Town and country brakes system. Just passed 25000 and required all four brakes and pads to be replaced. We were told that we were really lucky to have even made it that far on the initial set. This vehicle was bought brand new and when we took it in for burning smell and squeaks on the brakes this issue was discovered and was not covered under warranty. Pleading with Chrysler Corp and the dealership resulted in nothing other than an acknowledgement that this is a known issue and had we not driven so gently they should have failed 10K miles earlier. My only hope is to file a complaint and have these brake pads recalled as improper for the vehicle. The real issue is that the replacement pads will last upwards of 40K miles.

- Santa Maria, CA, USA

Jan 182010

Town & Country

Chrysler Town and country - worn rotors and bad brakes - just like everyone else. Cost me $350 to fix - only 19K miles on vehicle. Grinding noise started about five days ago. One completely trashed rotor, one severely grooved, had back brakes 'cleaned' - shouldn't have to replace brakes on a 1.5 year old vehicle with so few miles on it. Tahoe doesn't need them at 50K!

- Troy, MI, USA

Jun 302009

Town & Country

I own a Chrysler Town & Country 2008, after 20,800 miles the front brake system had to be replaced, including discs and pads, and the rear had to be resurfaced. I complain to the dealership, bakersfield Chrysler. They said it was wear and tear, but I argued that there was something wrong if they had to be replaced so fast for no reason. The agreed after much arguing to cover half the cost of the total repairs ($800). Then, 2 months later, 8/17/09, I start hearing a noise coming from the bottom of the car around where the exhaust is located. I take it to the dealership and they tell me that the exhaust is hanging due to structural failure of the main bracket holding the exhaust. A couple more days in the shop at the dealer till the vehicle is repaired. I expressed my concern about such a new car with hardly any miles on it and having so many problems, the dealership blew me off. Now, around 10/9/09 and 30000 miles, I hear the brakes starting to make a little noise again, they tell me they need to replace the front pads and discs and resurface or replace the rear brakes again. The person that help us at bakersfield Chrysler told my wife that the reason for the brakes failing again is because we don't know how to drive. I paid for the brakes to be fixed so I didn't have to wait and waste more time on Chrysler poor excuses. I have perform every single maintenance procedure recommended by Chrysler at the Chrysler dealership but I feel the car has a manufacturing problem with the brakes. I am extremely concern with the situation since this is my family vehicle and my two babies and my wife drive it everywhere. The only feedback we have received from Chrysler is that we don't know how to drive the car, this is frustrating! in the mean time, I don't know who else to recur to, I have place several complaints with Chrysler customer relations and nobody has had the courtesy to call me back. Please help me!

- Bakersfield, CA, USA

Jun 012009

Town & Country

Brakes failed at 15,000 miles needing complete replacement. Dealer claimed out-of-warranty. Have driven a Chrysler minivan for over 14 years and have never had to replace brakes this frequently before.

- Stratford, CT, USA

Jan 092010

Town & Country

Needed to replace brakes & 1 rotor after the 20,000 mile mark on a 2008 Chrysler Town & Country LX. We bought the van from the dealer with 14,000 miles on it. The vehicle was a demo so when we bought it, we were considered the "first" owners. One of our friends just replaced the brake pads for the first time on their Kia after 75,000 miles.

- Kissimmee, FM, USA

Jan 152009

Town & Country

2008 Chrysler Town and country. 18 months, 22K miles. Front rotors and pads need replacement. Typically I get 40-60K before my first brake service on any vehicle I have owned /leased. I have found many similar complaints here and in internet forums. There are rumors of a tsb but I cannot find a record here. Please investigate.

- Macomb, MI, USA