2008 Chrysler Town & Country electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Chrysler Town & Country:

2008 Chrysler Town & Country Owner Comments (Page 46 of 56)

Mar 142014

Town & Country 6-cyl

While I am driving my 2008 Chrysler Town and country it shuts off without warning. When this happens I am usually driving less than 35mph but it is very difficult to control the van due to a loss of power steering, electric, and gas control. I usually have to apply the brake, shift it in neutral, and wait for the engine to restart (which sometimes stalls for a few seconds). This is very concerning to me as a parent with 3 children who usually travel with me and it happens frequently--so far up to 6 times in 1 day.

- Lexington, KY, USA

Apr 012014

Town & Country 6-cyl

The first incident that I could remember took place on April 1, 2014. Arrived home, put the van in park, and could not remove the key fob from the ignition. The last incident happened on August 21, 2014 when I arrived at an eye appointment for my daughter and couldn't remove the key fob. The key fob would stop at a 45 degree angle and it took 7 minutes for me to remove the key fob. Between the 1st incident and the last incident, there have been at least 8 times in between where I cannot fully turn off the vehicle because the key fob stops at a 45 degree angle and can't be removed. If this is part of recall L25, then my vehicle needs to be added to the recall and fixed for free. This should not be happening!! tried to bring it to a dealership and they wanted to charge me to fix it. Even if this is not due to a recall, this is a manufacture defect and should be corrected for free.

- Concord, NC, USA

Aug 232014

Town & Country 6-cyl

Key fob will not turn in ignition. Vehicle unable to turn on.

- Bothell, WA, USA

Aug 112014

Town & Country 6-cyl

Electrical power to dash indicators would not connect with ignition via the computer until I "jiggled" the key fob.

- Great Bend, KS, USA

Jun 052013

Town & Country 6-cyl

Engine stopped, also power steering and brakes stopped. Able to pull over to side of road safely, stop, and restart engine. This has occurred three times, approximately once a month. Please note nothing is attached to the key fob.

- Caledonia, MI, USA

Aug 052014

Town & Country 6-cyl

The van shut off while driving over a dozen times in the past 3 weeks. It only occurs while driving in slow speeds and happens when first starting the van and while parking. The entire car shuts off and I lose power steering and the van goes dead. Mechanic cannot replicate problem. Maintenance is scheduled regularly and gas is always at a half a tank.

- Palm Coast, FL, USA

Jan 112010

Town & Country 6-cyl

Since I have purchased my 2008 Town & Country I have had the same repetitive problems. Sliding doors not working properly, radio doesn't shut off when key is out of ignition, van turns off while driving, brakes and rotors replaced three times, and most of all car not starting! when the key is in ignition I turn to start and it makes a clicking sound but doesn't turn on. I would have to wait several minutes to half hour continuously trying until car starts. I have video taped each incident for the last 3 years showed to dealership and they still insist nothing is wrong with vehicle. I have alerted Chrysler corporate and filed a complaint July 2014.

- Elk Grove, CA, USA

Aug 062014

Town & Country

Driving with wife and 4 kids and car went off without any warning. Luckily, there were no cars directly behind me. This was not the first time car shut down while driving. This is very dangerous and need to be resolved immediately. Will not continue to drive with the family til this is resolved. Called Chrysler and stated there's no recall according to my VIN number.

- Bronx, NY, USA

Jul 252014

Town & Country 6-cyl

Vehicle began emitting a clicking sound when turning the key (fob), the clicking continued for a couple of seconds then stopped when the vehicle was put in drive. Over the nest few days the clicking continued to occur when starting the vehicle, lasting longer, and not stopping when put in drive. Yesterday, the clicking would not stop and when I tapped the area next to the key, the key moved from "on" to "accessory" position. I researched this problem, on the internet, and found a recall (L25. Note: This is an expansion of recall 11V-139). I contacted my local Chrysler dealer to fix the problem, but they stated that there were no recalls in effect. I then contacted Chrysler customer service who stated that not all affected vehicles had been identified yet and I would have to wait (for an undetermined period of time) until they identify my car as being included in the recall. I would very much appreciate your assistance in helping to resolve this issue. Thank you.

- Simi Valley, CA, USA

Jul 312014

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2008 Chrysler Town and country. The contact stated that while driving at various speeds, the vehicle stalled without warning. The vehicle was able to restart. In addition, the ignition would turn to the off position independently. The failure occurred on numerous occasions. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 20,200.

- Elk Grove Village, IL, USA

Jul 222014

Town & Country 6-cyl

Drove car approx 100 feet, 1st thing in the morning. Used brakes at end of driveway, then started driving and all 4 brake related lights came on - ABS light, traction control light, brake light, esp bas light. All 4 lights remained on. They were not on when car intially started, but came on immediately after using the brakes for the 1st time. Always remained on until car was turned off. Took car to shop next day and the diagnostic showed the anti lock module was failing. Not overly safe to drive young kids around, so we went ahead with the repair. Chrysler informed the shop that they sell roughly 15 of these parts a week. Shop questioned why they were not recalled as that # is quite high. New module has been in for about a week and all seems fine. Updated 7/29/2015

- New Canaan, CT, USA

Jul 022013

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2008 Chrysler Town and country. The contact stated that while driving 45 mph, the vehicle stalled. The contact was able to restart the vehicle. The failure occurred on three occasions. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic where it was diagnosed that the ignition switch needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure and stated that the VIN was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 14V373000 (electrical system). The approximate failure mileage was 54,000.

- Bohemia, NY, USA

Jul 172014

Town & Country 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2008 Chrysler Town and country. The contact stated that while driving approximately 60 mph, the vehicle suddenly stalled without warning. After restarting the engine, the vehicle operated normally. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure but no solution was offered. The contact was informed that the vehicle was not included in the NHTSA campaign number 14V373000 (electrical system). The contact stated that the vehicle experienced the same failure listed in the recall. The failure mileage was 149,000....updated 09-05-14 updated 12/18/14

- Antioch, TN, USA

Jul 222014

Town & Country 6-cyl

Car turn off at key fob. For the last month key fob has been getting stuck in ignition switch to. And sometimes does not release for ignition switch. I called Chrysler and they said my van was not in recall.

- Austin, TX, USA

Apr 012014

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2008 Chrysler Town and country. While making left turns at speeds of 5 to 15 mph, the vehicle would stall. The failure occurred on multiple occasions, but the contact was able to restart the vehicle each time. The dealer was unable to duplicate the failure. The manufacturer was not notified. The failure mileage was 104,000.

- Bel Air, MD, USA

Jul 042014

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2008 Chrysler Town and country. The contact also stated that the key would continue to get stuck in the ignition and would not turn. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The contact referenced NHTSA campaign id number: 14V373000 (electrical system) but did not confirm if the vehicle was included in the recall. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 53,000.

- Port Orange, FL, USA

Jul 192014

Town & Country

On 7/19 and 7/21 I put my van in park and removed the key. Upon doing so, the horn continued to blow and the front and rear wipers ran at high speed. On 7/19, after immediately opening the hood, it stopped. On 7/21, I started the van back up and it continued to honk/wipers on. Drove it across the street to have a mechanic look at it. Again, turned it off and took key out, but it still continued. We opened the hood and the mechanic opened the fuse box. It stopped. The mechanic ran a scan to see if anything would come up as a problem with the electrical system. Nothing showed up. My van was just recently added to the recall list for the ignition. Is this a result of the need for a new ignition switch? not sure what I will do if it doesn't shut off.

- Pendleton, IN, USA

Jul 162014

Town & Country

While driving, the wipers started at high speed, along with the windshield wiper fluid shooting out continuously so I could not see out the windshield. I pulled over and turned the key to turn the car off and the wipers and fluid did not stop. The locks would not unlock and I was stranded in a very bad busy part of the road. I had to have a police officer push me off of the road. After a long while, the car started back up. But it occurred later that morning, and I had to have it towed to a repair shop at the cost of $94.90. The repair shop could not find what the problem was. They said it was running fine. I do not feel safe driving this vehicle, nor do I feel this vehicle is safe for my children to drive. I am totally perplexed as to what to do.

- Cedarburg, WI, USA

Jun 112014

Town & Country 6-cyl

I was driving about 30 miles an hour when my van shut off by itself. I had to pull over to the side with no power steering or power breaks, shift into park and restart my van. After the restart it again shutdown on its own at the next stop sign. I restarted and have not his this particular problem happen again. I have also had random problems with the air conditioning / heater fans randomly shutting off. To remedy the problem the with fans I have to shut off the van completely and restart and then the fans start working again.

- Beavercreek, OH, USA

Jul 242013

Town & Country 6-cyl

Have had an ongoing problem with car not starting when key is put into ignition. Have to keep trying key until car finally starts. No click, nothing. Took it to dealership. Have had the starter replaced, keys reprogrammed and still continued with the same problem off and on. On this last visit, 6/23/2014, I was told it was electrical system.........and for the first time, did not have to pay anything for the repair. What about all the other costs I incurred.....and the problem continued. Is this part of a recall"??? shouldn't I be reimbursed for all the other repairs and the problem not taken care of????"

- Bakersfield, CA, USA