2008 Chrysler Town & Country engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Chrysler Town & Country:

2008 Chrysler Town & Country Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Jul 012010

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2008 Chrysler Town and country. The contact was driving approximately 50 mph when the accelerator pedal abnormally dropped to the floorboard. The contact applied the brakes and coasted to the shoulder. The failure recurred intermittently while driving at various speeds. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer for diagnostics or repairs. The approximate failure mileage was 35,000. The VIN was not available.

- Worden, IL, USA

Aug 202011

Town & Country 6-cyl

No initial sign were noticed, the failure occurred once and it left the vehicle disabled nothing at this time has been repaired the issue is the electronic throttle control.

- Lowell, IN, USA

Oct 122010

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2008 Chrysler Town and country. The contact stated that while driving approximately 35 mph, the vehicle became unresponsive to the contacts attempts to accelerate. The tps warning light was illuminated on the instrumental panel prior to the failure. The vehicle was towed to a dealer who informed the contact that she would need to replace the full body throttle lamp and PCV valve. The vehicle was repaired. The failure mileage was approximately 52,600.

- Adamsville, AL, USA

Jul 122010

Town & Country

While driving on a major thoroughfare, I accelerated and then the car would not decelerate when I released my foot from the accelerator. I braked but the car was now revving at about 4,000 rpms without my foot on the gas pedal (but on the brake). I put the car into neutral and coasted to a stop and turned the car off. Tried turning it on again but car still racing. While waiting for help with the car turned off, after a few minutes I heard a pop from the area of the gas pedal. I started the car and it ran normally. Carefully drove home and brought car to dealership the next day.

- Huntington, NY, USA

Jan 202008

Town & Country

Beginning within weeks of purchase, cruise control will randomly not turn on; must restart engine to fix the problem. Also, when on, the cruise control may suddenly turn off, usually need to restart engine to get it to work again. All the above occurs on a regular basis, even after "repairs" by the dealership.

- Crooked River Ranch, OR, USA

Sep 192008

Town & Country

While driving down the interstate I set the cruise control which broke from the steering column. It was hanging by the wires inside the steering column. After exiting the interstate I made a left turn. The cruise control stalk got entangled with the turn signal causing the steering wheel to become inoperable. My quick fix was to tape the cruise control stalk to the steering column until a new part could be ordered from the dealer. It was replaced in a timely manner by Chrysler.

- Fort Mill, SC, USA

Jul 282008

Town & Country

I purchased a 2008 Chrysler Town and country van, I was told it was a trade in from an old couple that needed a 4 wheel drive, I later found out it was a former rental. The problem is that when you take your foot off the gas the vehicle does not slow down, it continues to go what ever speed you were traveling, I have to drive with my foot on the brake to go the speed limit. I have had it back to the dealer and they tell me that there is nothing from Chrysler for this problem, I feel this is a major safety issue and I am afraid to have my wife and grandchildren in the vehicle. We are going to get a speeding ticket because you can't make the vehicle go the speed limit without having your foot on the brake. Or we are going to wind up rear ending someone, because you expect the vehicle to slow down when you take your foot off of the gas, but it doesn't. the problem is consistent over 40 miles per hour. And it has been duplicated by the dealer. The vehicle in question is a 2008, Chrysler Town and country van with a 3.3L engine.

- Jamestown, RI, USA